• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Help !!-ex employer taking me court-accused of breaking my compromise agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help !!-ex employer taking me court-accused of breaking my compromise agreement

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Part of my compromise was not to get in touch with any client I have been in contact within the last year or work for any competitor for a certain length of time. 3 weeks after this deadline passed I did join a competitor as I have a wife, children and a mortgage to provide for, this is the only career I have known for the last twenty years or so, hence why I joined a major competitor.

The whole thing was a set up in the first place hence why I was offered a compromise as they broke lots of employment and HR rules and I threatened to resign and take them to court. They wrote me a 6 month tax free cheque so I took the money and ran.

Now had a big rambling folder sent to me accusing other people in my own office saying derogatory comments about my ex employer which in turn according to them means I have given the other staff at my new company inside information, which in turn according to them means I am in breach of my compromise, so they are threating me with repayment of the full amount plus all court and solicitor costs plus loss of business !!! They have stated that a lady in our office was talking to a company who had used my old employer for the last few years and she made derogatory comments about them !! This company relayed the so called comments back to my old employer.

They are also accusing me of stealing their databases, although they have zero evidence to back this up. All the accusations in the folder are "in their opinion"

They have not accused me as an actual individual of doing anything wrong at all, it is all via this other staff member !! They have stated in "their opinion" I have stolen databases and pricing information from them. Again ZERO evidence is supplied to back up this fact.
    The have sent me papers with high court prosecution folder sworn statements, signed afidavitts etc etc etc , they even have admitted within the folder of calling my present employer, pretending to be a client and asking for me in person to call them back !!

The high court papers don't have any court case dates on them apart from on their own application form to the high court which states 5th November 2014.

Should I be worried, or is it all idle threats to scare me and to make me run up huge solicitor bills ???

On my parents life I do not have a shred of documentation from my old company, everything I have is in my head !!!

What do I do, as I don't have thousands of pounds in a pot of money to spend on solicitor bills, or is this the game they are playing with me ????
    Last edited by BOBBYMOOREISGOD; 8th November 2014, 16:09:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Help !!-ex employer taking me court-accused of braking my compromise agreement

It's very difficult to say.

At the front of the folder, if they have issued proceedings, there should be something headed IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE

BETWEEN

EX EMPLOYER

AND

BOBBYMOOREISGOD

with a claim number and bearing the stamp of the court.

The fact that there is no hearing date is immaterial at this point.

Comment

Re: Help !!-ex employer taking me court-accused of braking my compromise agreement

It says on the front "Application for an Injunction"

In the High Court

********* District Registry

between "My ex employer"

and "ME"

There is no claim number and no stamp. It is dated 5th November 2014 and they have filled in an application form requesting a 2 hour hearing with the court. The letter is worded "An Application for an Injunction"

Having read through it again, its pretty much like when they tried to set me up before I signed the compromise, they have ZERO evidence against me, it is all "In their opinion". I am now being accused of having stolen databases and using them to solicit "their" clients and because the lady in the office according to them made so called bad comments about them to a company, that this could only have come via me !!! they cannot provide one single shred of evidence to back up their accusations, everything I own is in my head !!! I don't have a single piece of paper from them. Within our industry most of the clients my old employer has are already on the system of my new employer anyway.

Thing is, I am up against a firm that is owned by several people who's families holiday together and were best men for each other. They have money to burn, as they are millionaires with big sports cars, whilst I am just a normal bloke with a family trying to pay a mortgage and keep our heads of water. They are bricking themselves because when my one year handcuffs comes off me next Spring I can walk into any client I want and I obviously know in my head all the prices as the service offered is a commodity rate per unit.

The other thing is they do not "own" a client do they ????? as all these clients go out to the open market place for comparative quotes anyway.
      Last edited by BOBBYMOOREISGOD; 8th November 2014, 15:05:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X