• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

after 10 years with a company i have been suspended i wish to hand in my notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after 10 years with a company i have been suspended i wish to hand in my notice

work has been stress full long hours ect i have been suspended to day and wish to give in my notice i thought it was a month they have said it is 2 they want me to attend the office tomorrow for an investergation i am stressed and if i do not attend and except the 2 month notice i will have to call in sick as it is to stress full if i attend the doctors for stress and send in a sick note covering the time do i still have to attend any meetings
    Tags: None

Re: after 10 years with a company i have been suspended i wish to hand in my notice

Originally posted by peter2meter View Post
    work has been stress full long hours ect i have been suspended to day and wish to give in my notice i thought it was a month they have said it is 2 they want me to attend the office tomorrow for an investergation i am stressed and if i do not attend and except the 2 month notice i will have to call in sick as it is to stress full if i attend the doctors for stress and send in a sick note covering the time do i still have to attend any meetings
    Hi,
    Have you got a copy of your contract of employment?
    It should list your terms and conditions.
    Can you post a copy on here, obviously editing out your personal details.
    What have you been suspended for?
    You can send me a private message if you don't want to post it on open forum.
    Are you paid weekly, or monthly?
    If you report sick, then you do not have to attend a meeting. You are sick.........
    Employees only need a fit note, (used to be called a sick note) from a doctor after 7 days off work sick.
    If you are not going to be sick for more than seven days, then a self certification is in order.
    The form is attached to this post if you need it.

Your contract should tell you how much notice you have to give your employer.
    While suspended, you should receive full pay, but if you report sick, this will not apply for days you are sick.
    Refer to your contract for any sickness pay rules.

Notice you must give your employer
    If you have worked for your employer for one month or more, the legal minimum amount of notice you must give is one week.
    Normally your employment contract will set out a longer notice period. If it does, you should give this length of notice to your employer.
    If your employment contract does not set out a notice period you should give a reasonable period of notice to your employer. This is included in your employment contract as what is known as an 'implied term'. What is 'reasonable' will depend on your seniority and how long you have worked there.
    As you have been there for ten years, depending on your seniority within the company, a month would be reasonable.
    But of course you could try giving a week, and see what happens.

I really need to know why you was suspended so that we know what is the best course of action.
    To send a private message, just click on my username at the top of this post, and you will see a box open that says 'private message'. Click on it, and it is fairly straight forward.
    Attached Files
    “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X