• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Pending Disciplinary Advice Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending Disciplinary Advice Please

Hi there,
    I have a quick question with regards disciplinary procedures and my current situation.
    Currently I work for an overseas company and have been with them for 18 months. I received a job offer letter, but no full contract and also never had my 6 month probationary interview (so effectively I am still on probation).
    I've since found a new job and want to hand my notice in and after doing some research have found I need to give a weeks notice to move from my current role.
    While this is happening I've been accused of misconduct and have been suspended from work. I don't have an interview date as yet, but was wondering can I hand my notice in today and walk away in a week or can the employer reject this?
    Any help that can be given would be gladly received.
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Pending Disciplinary Advice Please

Unless your contract of employment says different, you can hand in your notice any time you like.
    You have the right to withdraw your labour, with the agreed notice period having been given.
    The company would probably be glad if you did hand in your notice.
    It saves them a lot of problems.
    Don't mention it to your employer, but if there is no disciplinary hearing, and after the ending of your notice period. You are entitled to any pay owed, this includes holiday pay entitlement as laid out in your terms and conditions of employment.
    Your employer cannot reject your notice to end your employment. (see first line)
    Good luck
    “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Thankyou very much indeed.
      I'll do this today

Comment

You are welcome.
        A word of warning though.
        If your alleged misconduct was serious enough, your company could still proceed to chase this through the courts.
        Unlikely, but it depends on the circumstances.
        :tinysmile_twink_t2:
        “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Hi there,
          Following this conversation a month ago I handed in my notice and it was accepted. My last day was the end of July.
          After the first post on this thread I received a letter from my ex-employee saying which although said it was without prejudice accused me of wrong doing and said I had 5 days to appeal - I hadn't even sat down and discussed this with my employer so I had to leave. It was the only option.
          In addtion to the allegation I was also told that my job description was changing and that I had no say in this (they were expecting me to do an extra 50% of work for no more money), which I disagreed with but was pushed forward regardless.
          I've recently heard that my old manager has been telling everyone what I've allegedly done and has been boasting that he is going to take this further and look to claim back what they are saying has been lost.
          Do you have any advice please or anyone I should speak to?
          Thanks in advance

Comment

As you no longer work for the company, any and all disciplinary matters are null and void.
            Can you post a copy of the letter? Obviously omitting personal details.
            As regards to your old manager's threats to take it further, I wouldn't worry too much about that.
            Unless there is fundamental proof of loss to the company, nothing will happen.
            If there was a loss, depending how much will depend if the company want to pursue it in the courts.
            The manager has no power to take this any further, other than to make a complaint to his boss.
            You stated five days to appeal.......
            If you haven't been to a disciplinary hearing and found guilty as charged, Then you have nothing to appeal.
            So the letter would be, and is, meaningless.

Comment

Thanks - I'll upload the letter shortly.

Comment

Hi there,
                I haven't had a chance to go through my old files and find the letter - I'll do this in the next couple of days and will post on here.

On a different note I have a bit of a potential predicament and am not sure if anyone can help, but here goes.

I have found out that my old manager will be at a trade show where my new employers will also be exhibiting. They are both on the same stand so will probably cross paths. My new employer doesn't know about the issues and allegations before I left. My question is what would you suggest I should do before the start of the show (the end of this week)?
                I'm thinking of letting my current employer know what has gone on and pre warning them. I don't want my new role to be put into jeopardy.

Thanks for all your help and if you can give me any advice at all that would be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit View Post
                  Hi there,
                  I haven't had a chance to go through my old files and find the letter - I'll do this in the next couple of days and will post on here.

On a different note I have a bit of a potential predicament and am not sure if anyone can help, but here goes.

I have found out that my old manager will be at a trade show where my new employers will also be exhibiting. They are both on the same stand so will probably cross paths. My new employer doesn't know about the issues and allegations before I left. My question is what would you suggest I should do before the start of the show (the end of this week)?
                  I'm thinking of letting my current employer know what has gone on and pre warning them. I don't want my new role to be put into jeopardy.

Thanks for all your help and if you can give me any advice at all that would be very helpful.
                  As they were only allegations, your old manager would be bloody stupid to say anything.....

Comment

Thankyou again.
                    I'm just very wary that he will say something and don't want my current role to be screwed up.
                    Is it ok to send you a PM, just so I know fully where I stand instead of going back and forth on this board?

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit View Post
                      Thankyou again.
                      I'm just very wary that he will say something and don't want my current role to be screwed up.
                      Is it ok to send you a PM, just so I know fully where I stand instead of going back and forth on this board?
                      Of course you can.........

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X