• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

job at risk - not yet annouced though have seen unofficial memo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job at risk - not yet annouced though have seen unofficial memo

I know my company is going through dept changes and they are moving people to different teams. I saw a note from my boss to HR with my name stated saying please add this to the exit list.

is this fair as I have not been told my job is at risk and seeing such a statement obviously causes distress?

There was no criteria for selection stated on the note. In any case my second question is that surely they cannot name candidates and exits until they have fornally annouced? Procedure has not been followed as there may well be other posts suitable for me that I can apply for?

obviously I was not meant to see this memo so I do not know where I stand legally. The memo was left on a desk in an open plan area.

I also saw the same memo in a calendar invite - as this was open am I still in breach of IT policy?
    Last edited by wonga78; 3rd July 2014, 06:29:AM. Reason: additonal info
    Tags: redundancy

Re: job at risk - not yet annouced though have seen unofficial memo

Stupid of your boss to leave the memo where it could be read by you or anyone else. You could raise a grievance against your boss but I cant see what you would gain with regards to keeping your job.

At the moment you havent been told your job is at risk. Names will be passed between managers and HR when compiling an at risk list, the memo may be ammunition that your redundancy was predetermined and give you an argument that the process wasnt conducted fairly.

If you can obtain a copy of the memo without any risk to yourself I would do so. Do not do this if there is any chance of beibg caught or traced doing it as you could find yourself dismissed for gross misconduct. Using the camera on your phone is probably the safest way. Take care as you do not want to give a company who is looking to get rid of you a cheap way to achieve its objective.

Alternatively a SAR when you are put at risk may be the best way.

At this stage in your position I wouldn't let anyone know that you know something. A boss/company that isnt put on their guard is more likely to commit errors that may help you further.

Comment

What is a SAR?

Taking a photo of the meeting agenda in outlook calendar would be fine?

The meeting agenda had a copy of the note though this was an attachment.

Comment

Subject Access Request - http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/personal_information

(might be a daft question but your username isn't your employer is it? if it is you might want to change it)
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Personally, I would follow the advice given by davec1960. Take heed of the warning that he gives, however.

Later on, should the need arise, you could serve a SAR on them as well. This would obscure the source of your initial information. Of course, if they were then to respond that those documents never existed, and yet you were to have copies ...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X