• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

how can I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can I

Hello

Four years ago I was diagnosed with severe work related depression. I was told I could not work with four people in the company who I used to work for. Should I work again and come across those people if they come to work in a premises I am at can I refuse to work with them or would it be best just to ignore them if they ever see me around the place, my main worry is if one of them joins the team - I know it's simple to move forward and to forget about them but I need to know how to handle as I may have another nervous breakdown if I see them again.

I also wondered; enlight of my depression, I had to endure stress of first time in court and was made ill from it, can I refuse jury service if ever called; it was first time ever in court and could not cope; probably the depression did not help.
    Tags: None

Re: how can I

Originally posted by lostfaith View Post
    Hello

Four years ago I was diagnosed with severe work related depression. I was told I could not work with four people in the company who I used to work for. Should I work again and come across those people if they come to work in a premises I am at can I refuse to work with them or would it be best just to ignore them if they ever see me around the place, my main worry is if one of them joins the team - I know it's simple to move forward and to forget about them but I need to know how to handle as I may have another nervous breakdown if I see them again.

I also wondered; enlight of my depression, I had to endure stress of first time in court and was made ill from it, can I refuse jury service if ever called; it was first time ever in court and could not cope; probably the depression did not help.
    Second issue first! When you get the call for jury service you can write to tell them of any reasons why you think you may not be suitable (there's also a list of people who cannot do it by law enclosed). I've known quite a few people write in for one reason or another not specifically stated, and not one of them has been forced into doing the service.

With regards to your first issue it is a bit more complex. If you are talking about working for the same company it would obviously be prudent to mention it beforehand. If you're talking about working for a different company, but are in a sector where coming across them is still likely, it is hard as I would have thought it potentially calls into question your ability to actually do the job.

I disagree (nicely) with your comment about it being simple to move forward and forget, I don't think this is simple at all, in fact I'd say the exact opposite. People who have had such a profound effect on your life can continue to cause issues long after the event even if they are not actually physically present.

As long as you can afford to, take your time and please try not to rush into anything which could potentially make you ill again. :beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X