• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

investigation and disaplinary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• investigation and disaplinary

can any one please give me some well needed advice,ive been told by a company manager whilst someone is under investigation at work they are unable to give references for that indiviual? and also can someone hand in there notice whilst on displinary and recieve hoildays etc that there owed they have worked at the company for over 10 years,thanks
    Tags: None

Re: investigation and disaplinary

That is complete and utter twaddle as they can give a reference but it has to be truthful.
    You can give notice under investigation but the company can either continue with the investigation and disciplinary process or they can accept the resignation of the person.

Need a tad more info to be honest.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by rachyp View Post
      can any one please give me some well needed advice,ive been told by a company manager whilst someone is under investigation at work they are unable to give references for that indiviual? and also can someone hand in there notice whilst on displinary and recieve hoildays etc that there owed they have worked at the company for over 10 years,thanks
      I've resigned before whilst on paid suspension from work (day before final disciplinary). I got all holiday pay added after my final pay check. This was a big company. I was suspended after I pointed out that their practises were illegal.

I was recently offered a new job. One of the area managers decided to tell my new manager that I was sacked. I complained to the company threatening to sue. I've got a full apology so far, got the new job - and the area manager is currently on suspension. The law governs references, they have to be factual. If they are not you can claim for damages.

p.s. I'm honestly not a terrible employee - I just think that certain behaviour and practises are wrong and should be stood up to. I was the top seller in the store, but chose to do so whilst treating people with respect and how I'd like my elderly mother to be treated. Now I'm working 3/4 time whilst studying to get my degree and become a teacher.

Comment

hiya thanks for replying to my post ive private messaged you

Comment

Originally posted by rachyp View Post
          hiya thanks for replying to my post ive private messaged you but may aswel keep this thread going if it helps other people ,
          .......... ,so bascially the manager has lied saying her name cant go on a reference whilst the person is under investigaion? ...............................and basically if someone gives notice under investigation they will still be entitled to my any holidays days in lieu owing? i thought they would have to work there notice to recieve these benefits? its a family run business in the care home sector with about 50 0r less staff but they have got homecare who r on the payroll aswell, and they r in breach of trust policies with there staff buy the way :tinysmile_twink_t2: need all the help i can get here guys :doggieyes:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X