• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

See if you can help where my local MP, Prime and Deputy Prime Mnister failed to help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See if you can help where my local MP, Prime and Deputy Prime Mnister failed to help.

The following letter to my local MP explains what I am going through and what happened. Help will be greatly appreciated.
    Looking forward to hear from you. So far Deputy PM and PM has passed the bucks. Local MP is not taking it seriously, probably I am knocking on the wrong door.

Thanks

Dear MP
    The conditions I am in; physical, financial and mental, is due to my previous employers.
    They not only failed to provide me a safe place to work but because of the whistleblowing during my early days in the company, I was discriminated, harassed and victimised.

There are different departments in a company for a reason, for running a smooth business and also to look after the welfare and wellbeing of their employees. With my previous employers, they done exactly the opposite. They have neglected their duty of care resulting in permanent injuries to me. They have robbed me from my future and livelihood.

I was telling them from the beginning, that the place of work was poorly designed and faulty, I was pleading them to take me off from that particular place of work or at least rotate others on that location so my going on that location is reduced because of my worsening medical conditions. But because of the victimisation, against my requests and pleas, against my doctors advise, I was made to work in that particular location resulting in my injuries sustained at work are permanent.

Here my health was getting worse, I was in regular contact with my GP and therefore he knows my conditions because he is treating me on a regular basis, I am in severe pain but the Company doctor who sees me for five minutes first time, signs me fit and resume normal duties. I disagreed with the decision because I was in severe pain and so did my GP. He wrote a letter to the company warning them that my musculoskeletal conditions are worsening and can be permanent and suggested for amended duties, But again because of the difficult relationship with the immediate management above me and with a view of punishing, instead of reducing manual handling, I was given more strenuous and physically more demanding jobs.

Because of the misdiagnosis of the Company doctor, I stopped seeing my GP and requested my Company OHA for an independent Medical advise on 1 July 2010 as there was no point of seeing my GP when they are not going to take his word and my actual medical conditions. I kept on repeating the request but was denied until October 2012. But it was too late. The injuries are permanent now.
    My previous have taken away my fundamental Human Rights by making me physically incapacitated to work. It is so frightening to even think about what the future will bring if my physical conditions are what are they now and due to those conditions it has broken me down mentally and financially.

I get only £ 142/ pounds a fortnight in the form of ESA. That's the only income. I have no savings. I pay £ 550 for my room per calendar month. I have notices coming from all the sides for money. There is no choice but to go bankrupt. I have a debt of £ 28000 and counting.

I have overwhelming documentary evidence regarding my case which will prove my claims that I was victimised and discriminated, that the location where I was assigned was faulty and poorly designed (Company Design engineer and Health and Safety Officer has confirmed what I was telling them from the beginning), that I was requesting them to move me from that location due to my worsening health, that they have violated RIDDOR and other Health and Safety laws and much more.

Our Government have been first to speak when laws are broken, where Human Rights and Health and Safety laws are breached. We have even waged wars in the name of justice. I am a case closer to home.

I cannot claim compensation for my injuries sustained at work, even though I have mountain of evidence because my case is time barred. My argument is, if I was taken seriously from the beginning that the place of work is faulty and poorly designed, remove me from that location, from 1 July 2010 I was repeatedly asking them to send me to an independent Medical advisor but repeatedly denied until my Union's involvement in October 2012 when the damage was already done (I was already off sick because of the injuries, again and was dismissed after that), my injuries would not have been permanent. Secondly I was diagnosed with Repetitive Strain Injury, Bilateral Epicondylitis, Bilateral Tennis elbow, trapped nerve in the left side of my neck causing quiet a few reactions, etc. in October 2012. If they had sent me earlier to an independent Medical advisor earlier than November 2012, we would probably prevent from my injuries becoming permanent and I would have been diagnosed earlier. But if I am diagnosed in October 2012 than the three law should apply from that date.

There are two things I can think of where I would like Mary Macleod to help. Firstly help me get deserved justice and make those responsible accountable. They have played a big part in making a person incapacitated for his life, with the knowledge that there are chances of my injuries would become permanent.

I want to write a lot but I will have to stop because my hands and arms are sore due to typing. That's the reason I suggested to see someone in person. At least I do not have to use my hands.

I am hoping that you will do the needful and soon.

Re: See if you can help where my local MP, Prime and Deputy Prime Mnister failed to h

You haven't detailed what your job was, what the work entailed, what kind of workstation you were at, what alternatives could have been made available. That kind of information, plus detailing the resolution you are hoping to get, would be very helpful to your MP or others trying to assist. Also detail of how you left your job, and why you are out of time for claiming for compensation ? I think it maybe you are not being clear in what help you are asking for.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: See if you can help where my local MP, Prime and Deputy Prime Mnister failed to h

@Amesthyst. Thanks for the reply. I was told that my job was to intervene when a fault occurred on a particular part of the conveyor system at Heathrow airport. But after raising concerns to the HR that the immediate management was bullying, harassing and victimising staff including me, I was maliciously used to a point that my physical capacity has been damaged permanently. I have documentary evidence of all i have mentioned and have given it to my MP, at least some of them. The response from the MP is so cold that looks like she is not concerned. The latest response from her office and the reply I gave i am pasting below.
      "Dear Mr Ghoda,
      Thank you for emailing again. I’m sorry to say that Mary has still not received any response from Babcock International although she has contacted them twice as I discussed with yourself and your caseworker over the phone.

Whilst Mary can strongly urge third parties, in this case your previous employers, to consider and respond to her enquiries, I am sure you can appreciate that she cannot compel them to do so. Unfortunately, Babcock are not obliged to reply to enquiries they receive.

If there is anything else that you think Mary might be able to do to help, please do let me know.

Kind regards"

My reply,

"Dear MP,

Eventually your case worker has replied in the email below. This is what I told her when I spoke to her for the first time that my previous employer will not even bother to reply because if they do, they will open can of worms. They not only have ruined my life but others as well by bullying, harassment, victimisation etc.
      I have overwhelming evidence, well documented in detail and have witnesses which will prove that
      ·There was a breach of contract
      ·I was victimised
      ·I was bullied
      ·I was harassed
      ·COG design was faulty which I was suggesting from day one
      ·COG was the most physically demanding place to work within our place of work and busiest
      ·My permanent injuries are caused due to working on COG and deteriorated because my requests were not heard.
      ·I had repeatedly requested to remove me or at least reduce the amount of time I spend on COG resulting in reducing manual handling
      ·My Supervisors, Line Manager, Operations Manager, Company Director, are responsible for my current situation
      ·HR failed to protect me
      ·Health and Safety department failed to protect me
      ·OHA and the Company Doctor were negligent on their part and failed to protect me
      ·Babcock did not provide me a safe place to work
      ·There was a cover up throughout till my appeal of unfair dismissal by this caucus
      ·My current physical, mental and financial condition could have been prevented if from the beginning HR had investigated my claims in the grievance raised in mid-2009.

If you think that you being MP want to get the company get away ruining lives (one is too many), than you and me both can forget about the whole issue. But if you think that this is wrong and the company should be made accountable than you have powers which I don't.
      "The UK public elects Members of Parliament (MPs) to represent their interests and concerns in the House of Commons. MPs are involved in considering and proposing new laws, and can use their position to ask government ministers questions about current issues".

The following can be done if there is a will from your side.

“MPs can assist their constituents in a variety of ways, from making private enquiries on your behalf, to raising matters publicly in the House of Commons.

First steps
      Keeping the issue private, your MP might write to the relevant department or official, send a letter to the appropriate Minister or make a personal appointment to discuss the issue. These steps can often go a long way to providing a solution.
      Making the issue public
      Your MP may decide to make the issue public by raising it in the House of Commons, where it will be officially recorded, and could potentially come to the attention of the press and public.
      Outside Parliament

Outside Parliament, and at the discretion of the individual MP, you could request that your MP speak at an event concerning the issue, pledge their support to a campaign or write to the local media on your behalf.
      Alerting Health & Safety Executive would be the first step in my view. I have been replied by the Prime Minister and the Deputy Prime Minister and I have now written to the " The Queen" herself, after all"While no longer administering justice in a practical way, the Sovereign today still retains an important symbolic role as the figure in whose name justice is carried out, and law and order is maintained.
      Although civil and criminal proceedings cannot be taken against the Sovereign as a person under UK law, The Queen is careful to ensure that all her activities in her personal capacity are carried out in strict accordance with the law".

I am hoping that you will do the needful."

Comment

@Amesthyst. Thanks for the reply. I was told that my job was to intervene when a fault occurred on a particular part of the conveyor system at Heathrow airport. But after raising concerns to the HR that the immediate management was bullying, harassing and victimising staff including me, I was maliciously used to a point that my physical capacity has been damaged permanently. I have documentary evidence of all i have mentioned and have given it to my MP, at least some of them. The response from the MP is so cold that looks like she is not concerned. The latest response from her office and the reply I gave i am pasting below.
        "Dear Mr Ghoda,
        Thank you for emailing again. I’m sorry to say that Mary has still not received any response from Babcock International although she has contacted them twice as I discussed with yourself and your caseworker over the phone.

Whilst Mary can strongly urge third parties, in this case your previous employers, to consider and respond to her enquiries, I am sure you can appreciate that she cannot compel them to do so. Unfortunately, Babcock are not obliged to reply to enquiries they receive.

If there is anything else that you think Mary might be able to do to help, please do let me know.

Kind regards"

My reply,

"Dear MP,

Eventually your case worker has replied in the email below. This is what I told her when I spoke to her for the first time that my previous employer will not even bother to reply because if they do, they will open can of worms. They not only have ruined my life but others as well by bullying, harassment, victimisation etc.
        I have overwhelming evidence, well documented in detail and have witnesses which will prove that
        ·There was a breach of contract
        ·I was victimised
        ·I was bullied
        ·I was harassed
        ·COG design was faulty which I was suggesting from day one
        ·COG was the most physically demanding place to work within our place of work and busiest
        ·My permanent injuries are caused due to working on COG and deteriorated because my requests were not heard.
        ·I had repeatedly requested to remove me or at least reduce the amount of time I spend on COG resulting in reducing manual handling
        ·My Supervisors, Line Manager, Operations Manager, Company Director, are responsible for my current situation
        ·HR failed to protect me
        ·Health and Safety department failed to protect me
        ·OHA and the Company Doctor were negligent on their part and failed to protect me
        ·Babcock did not provide me a safe place to work
        ·There was a cover up throughout till my appeal of unfair dismissal by this caucus
        ·My current physical, mental and financial condition could have been prevented if from the beginning HR had investigated my claims in the grievance raised in mid-2009.

If you think that you being MP want to get the company get away ruining lives (one is too many), than you and me both can forget about the whole issue. But if you think that this is wrong and the company should be made accountable than you have powers which I don't.
        "The UK public elects Members of Parliament (MPs) to represent their interests and concerns in the House of Commons. MPs are involved in considering and proposing new laws, and can use their position to ask government ministers questions about current issues".

The following can be done if there is a will from your side.

“MPs can assist their constituents in a variety of ways, from making private enquiries on your behalf, to raising matters publicly in the House of Commons.

First steps
        Keeping the issue private, your MP might write to the relevant department or official, send a letter to the appropriate Minister or make a personal appointment to discuss the issue. These steps can often go a long way to providing a solution.
        Making the issue public
        Your MP may decide to make the issue public by raising it in the House of Commons, where it will be officially recorded, and could potentially come to the attention of the press and public.
        Outside Parliament

Outside Parliament, and at the discretion of the individual MP, you could request that your MP speak at an event concerning the issue, pledge their support to a campaign or write to the local media on your behalf.
        Alerting Health & Safety Executive would be the first step in my view. I have been replied by the Prime Minister and the Deputy Prime Minister and I have now written to the " The Queen" herself, after all"While no longer administering justice in a practical way, the Sovereign today still retains an important symbolic role as the figure in whose name justice is carried out, and law and order is maintained.
        Although civil and criminal proceedings cannot be taken against the Sovereign as a person under UK law, The Queen is careful to ensure that all her activities in her personal capacity are carried out in strict accordance with the law".

I am hoping that you will do the needful."

Comment

What was the outcome of your unfair dismissal appeal ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I forgot to mention that i was dismissed on Medical Incapacity grounds. The only thing is that the reason for my medical conditions was their own giving. My GP and myself are saying that this will harm me permanently, the company doctor disagreed. since than i stopped seeing my GP and asked them for an independent review. The review came in November 2012 after many requests(all documented) but too late. My injuries were permanent and was confirmed by 5 different doctors, two of them are from the company and are experts in their fields. According to the law, i am told that the day of personal injury claim starts from the day you are aware of the injury was caused due to the negligence of the company. Admit that. But apart of tennis elbow the rest of the injuries were sustained because they did not listen to my requests and that of my GP that the injuries can be permanent. over and above the place where i was forced to work was badly designed and faulty. H & Safety officer and the company designer has confirmed it on paper. I have the copies.
            The help I am seeking is to get me justice. I have quiet a few that will back up my claims as witnesses, and they are id=n double figures. As a result i have lost my livelihood and have gone through mental, physical and financial ruin. All because of my previous employers.

The only thing I am asking is for Justice and make the people responsible accountable and of course get me compensation for all the ain and suffering I have been through. At one stage i was suicidal but i have started seeking help and i have started asking for help whereever i can think about.

Comment

I was advised and let down by the union. They asked me to withdraw my claims from the tribunal, in where they should have helped me to write, but all went wrong. Their advice was that my personal injury case was taken by their solicitors, hence i should withdraw my case for unfair dismissal. If you want i have prepared what happened all the way since i joined them and if you think it is ok i can paste it here.

Comment

And was your personal injury case taken on by their solicitors?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just than I received a letter from the solicitors that i was time barred.

Comment

You have been terribly advised by your union. However, the harsh truth is that you appear to have waited too long to take action. You should have made an ET claim for unfair dismissal and quite possibly disability discrimination within three months of your dismissal. Inexplicably you appear to have been advised not to make any claims to the employment tribunal.

I would not be too optimistic but if you can prove that your physical ailments are work related and you can prove that your diagnosis was made within the last three years then you may still have a personal injury claim. However, you need to be aware that this is an unlikely scenario due to the amount of time that has passed. It is not easy to let past injustices go but sometimes we have no choice because the alternative is to simply dwell on things that have happened but cannot be changed. This will only make you even more unwell.
                    Nothing I say should be taken as qualified expert advice. I am not an expert in anything.

If you decide to act on anything I have posted you agree not to hold me liable in any way.

If you are unsure then you need to take proper advice from someone who is an expert.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X