• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Unpaid invoices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpaid invoices

Hello All. I have read through quite a fewpostings about unpaid wages and unfortunately none seem to look at the problemthat we are having.

My wife works for a very small company thatsupplies premises and resources for the supervised visitations of children. Mywife does the supervising and writes an impartial report based on what shesees. In October, November and December of last year she was travelling 180miles 3 times a week to facilitate some visitations. At the end of each weekshe would submit an invoice detailing travel time at x/h, mileage at x/mileand supervising time at y/h. Between April 13 and November 13, all was goingwell, however her invoices were no longer being paid from November onwards. Mywife approached the company owner and he advised that he was havingdifficulties but that the invoices would be settled. In February they reachedan agreement where he drew up a payment plan which covered the arrears and anynew invoices. We have this in an email. He then started making regularpayments, but not paying the new invoices so the net effect is that he stillowes her money. Now since the November charges were quite high my wife wentinto her overdraft and incurred charges, they were never terrible, but regular.So she now feels that although he has been making payments, if he paid as andwhen he should have, she would not have incurred the charges. At one point heagreed to pay the charges as he acknowledges that he has not paid according toagreement, now though he is reneging on that too. My wife has stopped workingfor him but that in itself is a double edged sword. She has no income and shedid like the work. She also feels that his funding problems are relativelyshort lived, as in months, not years, but in the meantime the bank charges willcontinue to mount and I can see that I will end up making a payment into heraccount to move her into the black.

Is there a way we can force him to pay butnot incur too many charges? The amountsare not huge but would make quite a difference to us. We have an audit trail ofevery invoice and every payment, along with email and text trail covering thepayment plan etc.

With thanks and regards

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X