• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Submitting further evidence after Employment Tribunal Hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submitting further evidence after Employment Tribunal Hearing

Hi Everyone,
    Would anyone know if it is possible to submit to the Judge further information following an Employment Tribunal hearing? My ET was Thursday last week and there was a dispute of fact that I raised but was contradicted by the other side. However, I can obtain evidence to prove my fact finding is correct but stupidly didn't submit it before or at the hearing. Do you think I would annoy the judge if I sent him info after the hearing?

Many thnks,
    Lba40.
    Tags: None

Re: Submitting further evidence after Employment Tribunal Hearing

Hi & welcome
    I think you might find the answer you need here
    http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...s/t426-eng.pdf

Comment

Hi Des8,
      Thank you very much for your reply. Sorry, I should have made it clear that the Judge has made a deferred judgement which I anticipate will be in about 4 weeks time. It's a disability discrimination case and I would be kicking myself if a judgement was made on factual error (which I probably won't be able to appeal against). But I also don't want to annoy the Judge.

Kind Regards,
      Lba40.

Comment

There seems to be a contradiction in the advice given between this site (http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/employment-appeals)
        which states " An appeal must be on a point of law, i.e. it must identify flaws in the legal reasoning of the original decision"
        and this site (
        http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/t426-eng.pdf) which states "If you apply for a reconsideration based on new evidence you must explain why the evidence was not available before and include a full statement of the evidence which you want to introduce.".
        I really don't know the answer to your query and anticipate others more knowledgeable will be along in due course.
        It's a bit quiet on a Sunday evening, so you may have a little wait, but I note one of our employment experts is reading this thread:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Hi Des8,
          Thank you again for your reply. Yes, you make a good point on the contradictory advice given in your links. I should make it clear though so I don't waste anyone's time here. What i'm asking is if it would be permissable to submit new evidence to the Judge (via email) before he makes his judgement on my case (as they are still deliberating over it). It hasn't got to the point of reconsideration/appeal yet (hopefully it won't). This is a great site, wish I found it before my hearing.
          Best Regards,
          Lba40.

Comment

In the absence of other advice, my own opinion is that there would probably be no harm in asking the tribunal if you could submit this further evidence. Explain why it wasn't submitted earlier etc etc
            You could mention that you are doing it to save court time in the future as it could lead to an appeal as per the formfinder site above
            After all the worse that can happen is that it is disregarded, it shouldn't "annoy" them.
            Should probably copy the other side in, and tell the tribunal you have done so.

Hang on a bit though as others might have alternative advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X