• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Bad Mouthed at work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Mouthed at work

I used to work with someone and we didn't see eye to eye, we both moved on within company to different roles and the other person keeps bad mouthing me to anyone that will listen, i have at least half dozen other employees asking me what the problem is and that this person sais such and such. Very rude about me swearing etc. This has gone on for a year now, i thoght it would stop a lot sooner.

A new employee started recently and got told by this person on there 2nd day that i am a liar and a cheat and not to talk to me!

I spoke to my manager as it is stressing me out, she said raise a greivance. I have no direct evidance as i have not heard and this person is not rude to me but makes clear they dont like me, i think the company will take seriously but i dont want to get reputation as trouble maker or have action taken against me if it is all denied and kept quite. I said i would confront this person, i am not a shy person, but got told to put my complaint in writing and to step away and not do that.

Is it worth raiseing a greivance? will this person just get told off and i will then be subjected to rumours and bad feeling for being a trouble maker? I hoped this would stop many months ago but it seems to only be getting worse? What do i do? Do i speak to the person and say im thinking of putting in greivance as that may warn them off?
    Tags: None

Re: Bad Mouthed at work

Originally posted by jimbo999 View Post
    I said i would confront this person, i am not a shy person, but got told to put my complaint in writing and to step away and not do that.
    Do not confront them directly. A lot of trendy management types push this idea (particularly those trying to fiddle their HR grievance figures), but in my experience, it usually goes wrong.

Is it worth raising a greivance? will this person just get told off and i will then be subjected to rumours and bad feeling for being a trouble maker?
    Yes, put a grievance in, and make sure you do it in writing. Give a full account of the whole business from the very beginning. Keep the language factual and unemotional. Explain the effect this has had on you.

As to bad feeling, don't worry about it.

Do i speak to the person and say im thinking of putting in greivance as that may warn them off?
    This works occasionally, but based on what you have described, I would guess it unlikely to be successful. It might even prompt them to strike the first blow by making a complaint against you - a tactic often used by bullies.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X