• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

hi im smallville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi im smallville

hello im edward im hoping someone can point me in the right direction.firstly i was in my job for 24 years,i was the best at what i did,anyway after a disagreement with a superviser,i had disiplinary action taken against me,now iv lived in this country since 1980,but i sometimes struggle with the english language,to try and make this easy,at my first hearing my trade union representive,was on the night shift,so he didnt turn up,the appeal was,nt any better,now from what CAB have told me,he should have fought hand and tooth for my job,he came into the hearing and didnt speak once,now i am unemployed,and it was grossly unfair the way the trade union represented me,do any of you good folks have any idea what my next move should be?????CAB said that its the trade unions fault,but i dont know who i should be contacting or have any idea how to go about it,thanks for taking time to read this
    Tags: None

Re: hi im smallville

Hello Edward and welcome to LegalBEAGLES

Just a few questions for more detail

What was the dispute?
    When did this happen?
    Which Union represented you?
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

it was differance of opinion between myself and a superviser,about a break down with the machinary,i was alone in the back of the ovens,when he approached me and yelled at me to get it sorted or he;l take my job.i wasnt working in his team,so at bfirst i didnt reply the second time i said if you have a problem;take it up with my superviser.it happened the end of febuary this year, and my union is bakers and allied workers union thank you

Comment

Did they follow correct disciplinary procedure , run through the exact chain of events please
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
          Did they follow correct disciplinary procedure , run through the exact chain of events please
          well i dont no exactly what the procedure is,but the C.A.B explained to me what was should have been done and it wasnt in any way,shape or form,this is what really upsets me,working there all these years to be cast off,like that,i was the best at what i did,and nobody would challenge that,at the first hearing my trade union representive was on the night shift,but he didnt change shifts to help me he just sent another representive who only was told 5 minutes before we went into the hearing,which was a shock to me,when i appealed he turned up with me but didnt have anything wrote down and did nothing towards helping me keep my job,now come to think of it he didnt even speak,i feel very let down by everybody,who worked with me all them years,im totally lost without a job,and even thou,any opinions you give would be really apprgh im very fit,im going to find employment hard to findthanks to all

Comment

It certainly sounds as if you were let down by your union rep and may have a case for complaint to the union head office.

You also need to read here
            The employment tribunals (early conciliation: Exemptions and rules of procedure)

After which I suggest you get in touch with ACAS as soon as possible.

Keep us updated as to what they advise you please

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
              It certainly sounds as if you were let down by your union rep and may have a case for complaint to the union head office.

You also need to read here
              The employment tribunals (early conciliation: Exemptions and rules of procedure)

After which I suggest you get in touch with ACAS as soon as possible.

Keep us updated as to what they advise you please
              thanks for your opinion,i will keep posted thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X