• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

ITN / Channel 4 news request: Are you owed money by your employer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITN / Channel 4 news request: Are you owed money by your employer?

I'm a reporter working on an investigation into employers who have not paid employees salary or holiday pay owed.

I currently have a few examples, including an employer who sacked a raft of employees on the same day, refusing to pay them their final month's salary.

These people are understandably upset and frustrated. However, I could still do with hearing from more people who have been affected by similar problems otherwise the story might get away, which would be a real shame.

If you'd like to find out more and potentially have an experience to share, please send me a private message.

Cheers,

C
    Last edited by Tools; 13th March 2014, 10:39:AM.
    Tags: None

Not sure if it would help but I left my last company in March 2013 and they were forever a week or so late with wages even over Christmas they refused to pay a week after! I waited 4 weeks after I had left with emails back and forth to my Director. I went to ACAS in the second week of April and then to the employment tribunal after 10days of promise that it would be paid every 2 days. I thought I would scare them a little further as I was ill and have been ever since. I also got a note from my Doctor to confirm that the stress of not being paid was worsening my symptoms etc. I put in a claim to the employment tribunal claiming the wages, holiday pay and also loss of earnings which totalled to £5k. 2 weeks later I received half then on the day I think an hour before their defence deadline they put the other half in my bank and submitted a defence stating that everything had been paid. I do still speak to a few still there and also some that have since left and it would seem quite a few people have walked especially after 5 weeks of no pay. I also was told that just this month they were 2 weeks late. I was a manager and when you heard some of the others talk about how its peoples own fault they live hand to mouth. Not the best attitude from payroll in front of other employees.
    Last edited by Tools; 16th March 2014, 21:26:PM.

Comment

Thank you, have sent a pm.
      Last edited by Tools; 16th March 2014, 21:26:PM.

Comment

Hi Ciaran, good to speak with you yesterday. For our members, I can confirm that the member "journo" is legitimate. Should anyone have an issue they would like to be discussed as part of the program please email Ciaran directly Ciaran.jenkins@itn.co.uk or send a PM to journo or myself.

Ideally he requires anyone who has had issues with their employer, current or previous, where the employee has had difficulty with:-
        • receiving wages on time
        • problems with pay following TUPE
        • receiving outstanding holiday pay
        • receiving commission/bonuses
        • redundancy pay
        • tribunal awards

The main aim is to highlight the difficulties now employees face following the introduction of Tribunal Fees, the inability to receive Legal Aid and the actions of employers trying to cut costs during the economic downturn. Many employers are using these difficulties knowing that the employee would be in a weaker position when attempting to exercise their rights.

Ciaran is based in Manchester but is willing to travel to you if you have a story and has a good track record of resolving disputes through media attention.

http://www.channel4.com/news/the-tyc...-missing-money
        http://wwwhannel4.com/news/housing-b...solutions-rent
        Last edited by Tools; 16th March 2014, 21:25:PM.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Re: ITN / Channel 4 news request: Are you owed money by your employer?

Hi

I am new here and thought i would reply - I have been employed since 22nd January 2014 and should i repeat should get paid on the 14th Of every month - on the 14th May i received an email from my employer who is a sole trader stating that he has "cash flow" problems and is unable to pay me !!! After much chasing and his rather slow responses i am still waiting to be paid.... its now 2 weeks late.... i have bills etc.... I have contacted ACAS who are due to call him tomorrow....

Since i have been asking for my wages etc... i have received an email stating that he is making me redundant and has given me 1 months notice as long as i work 3 days per week up until 22nd June 2014, however when he never paid me he told me to stop working for him until i received my wages !!! should he still be paying me ??? I do have a contract that i am happy to provide....

Any advice or comments appreciated..

Regards
          Stu

Comment

Originally posted by stav4187 View Post
            Hi

I am new here and thought i would reply - I have been employed since 22nd January 2014 and should i repeat should get paid on the 14th Of every month - on the 14th May i received an email from my employer who is a sole trader stating that he has "cash flow" problems and is unable to pay me !!! After much chasing and his rather slow responses i am still waiting to be paid.... its now 2 weeks late.... i have bills etc.... I have contacted ACAS who are due to call him tomorrow....

Since i have been asking for my wages etc... i have received an email stating that he is making me redundant and has given me 1 months notice as long as i work 3 days per week up until 22nd June 2014, however when he never paid me he told me to stop working for him until i received my wages !!! should he still be paying me ??? I do have a contract that i am happy to provide....

Any advice or comments appreciated..

Regards
            Heres a link to thread regarding stavs issue - Might be worth following http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...dvice-required

Oh and Stav - its best you not put your name in your posts. That way it protects your identity!
            Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Hi,

I'm owed money by my last employer. They were 2 weeks late with our March payment so I gave my notice and moved to a different company. They're now late with May's pay (still not had my final part of notice period pay. 3 weeks worth, which should have come on the 21st of last month)

This affects 150 people in the UK office and several others around the world. About 600 people in all.

Comment

Hi Floatindolphin, would you be willing to speak with ITN/C4 about this? If so please PM me more details
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

I could always wear a bag on my head and have a voice over added

Comment

I will see if Ciaran has a suitable supply of bags.

Comment

supposedly they're having a company update today.....will try and find out what happens...

Comment

Originally posted by floatindolphin View Post
                          I could always wear a bag on my head and have a voice over added
                          Is that another cryptic clue lol
                          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X