• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Problems At Work

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitingback
    replied
    Re: Problems At Work

G'day Cara Mia,

Sorry to say itsounds familiar, it is a horrible and stressful situation you are going through and you will have to decide how best to address it.

You employer has a duty to ensure your working situation is safe and healthy and if you are suffering bullying (sadly there is no legal definition of this) or harrassment, they have a duty of care to stop this from happenng.

Check out the links TANZ provided and also have a look (or better yet talk to)

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=454

Tools put me on to them for my OH situation.

It is important to remember that the organisation has a process in place to protect you from this situation though it is up to you to initiate it. Thats the biggest mind shift, the thought of officially complaining about your superior (?), but hey you did it to the banks and won .

This is a purely personal opinion, but if you walk away nothng will change there and the person who is causing you stress will have freedom to use your name to coverup any failings within your work area.

If you do decide to leave, ensure it is on your terms and that your empoyer has to deal with (or compensate you for) the situation that has led to this result.

Also (I sound like I'm lecturing now sorry) bear in mind they will be providing references to other potential employers.

I'm happy to help so keep us posted.

BB

Leave a comment:

• Xena
    replied

Sorry to hear about this Scar,

xx

Leave a comment:

• TANZARELLI
    replied

HI Scarlet,

Not knowing to much about the company/org you work for it is hard to comment, however you have touched already on something which you need to do more of and that is to record/evidence the incidences of bullying that are taking place in the workplace. If your friend is happy to be a witness all the better as if it goes to any sort of tribunal this will be needed to back up your case.

Does the palce you work at have an internal complaints procedure? Or is there any sort of external support you are able to access?

It is not a nice situation to be in and you should not be made to put up with it. Remember you are the victim here.

Have a read of this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7191309.stm

Also here are a few useful links that may help:

http://www.workplacebullying.co.uk/

http://www.andreaadamstrust.org/

http://www.tuc.org.uk/tuc/rights_bullyatwork.cfm

I hope things improve but remember if they continue to stay the same without being challenged it will not only damage your health it will also say to them you condone them doing it to you.

Take care.

Tanz

Leave a comment:

• Amy
    replied

Good start Scarlet, well done xx

Leave a comment:

• scarletrose
    replied

Oh Enaid thanx hunny in an ideal world this person needs to retire and I need to stay with ?

scarletxxxxx

Leave a comment:

• enaid
    replied

Aww scarlet afraid I have no answers for you, I'm not clued up on this at all.
    Bitingback has had a similar problem, well his OH did have a read of that and see if you can pick anything up from there.
    Just will add I hope you come out of this ok, keep your chin up and you know people on here will pull out all the stops to help you Enaid x

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X