• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

does implied contract have rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does implied contract have rights

I have been teaching 3 sessions of yoga per week at a hotel spa for 6 years. Originally I had a contract with the owners of the hotel which required 2 weeks notice either way and I was entitled to 24 hours notice if a class was cancelled..

I invoiced the hotel under my limited company business and they paid me on the invoice.

New owner took over and I carried on in the usual way. No change was made to the classes and no-one discussed the new management with me. I believe I therefore have a rolling contract. The classes have been at the same time of the week for the whole time

A new manager has come into the hotel. During the short time one of my classes was moved half an hour forward without consultation with me. That was not a problem. I have now been told that all classes are cancelled without any notice.

I submitted my invoice for the final classes and included 2 weeks in lue of notice.

I got the reply that they do not pay freelancers notice.

I don't think I can be a freelancer if they pay a limited company on invoice. I believe that I have in inferred contract to supply as I have been doing so for 6 years. Unfortunately I cannot inf the original contract with the original hotel.

At no time has there been an order for work or a discussion about when the work should take place - i have just gone in each week as usual.

What I am not sure about is if I have any rights due to the time I have been working there to be given notice.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X