• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Where do I stand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I stand?

Thank you all for your advice. I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Poppy66; 5th September 2013, 22:24:PM. Reason: Worried my employer may see
    Tags: None

Re: Where do I stand?

Hello Poppy I am going to be totally honest and reply to how I have read it, I think your employer is quite good and fair in the way they are dealing with you. You still have a job and that is a good thing. We cannot let our personal problems come into this, as the issue here is you and your employer. If you were them, would you have done anything different? they have targets and pressures, they have to meet. I cannot see what more they can do or have done, they over paid you and you paid off debts. Did you not wonder why the extra money, but they have not taken it back in one go, so give them some credit, I think they are being a good employer and that's a reflection of the service you have provided over the years. I know its hard when everything seems to be going against you and getting stressed, just exaggerates the smallest thing. You have to stay positive and remember, your health is the number one priority, its easier said than done, but you have to take each day as it comes. There is no real answer or advice to your position as its on going and you are still employed, your the only one who knows your capabilities. I really do wish you the best and a full recovery.

Comment

Thank you for your input but I'm actually looking for a legal opinion to answer the questions at the end of my post. I added all that info as iv read on other post that the whole story is needed to give advice suitable to the whole situation.

As I already said I didn't get a pay slip, for the 3rd month in a row might I add, I had different bonuses coming in and no way of knowing that it was wrong and no reason to suspect it wasn't as I trust my employer to get these things right however since this mistake has been made iv found out that another colleague of mine was over paid small amounts over a long period of of time, just enough so that it wasn't really noticeable and 2 years later she's still paying it back, another colleague has been repeatedly underpaid and then another who keeps getting her overtime paid wrong. I shall be checking my pay slip ASAP in the future and chasing it up but in this case that fact that I wasn't there and didn't have the info to hand yet they did, am finding it very hard to give them some credit when I'm being threatened with taking it all at once when I'm just trying to come to an agreement. When it comes to pay its people's lives and I think it should be taken more seriously.

Its defiantly feels to get it off my chest! But I'm not looking for people to tell me I'm in the wrong I know it's my fault too, I just want to know my rights. I am very lucky to have a job but sometimes I feel I'd rather not when I know my managers talking about me to my colleagues when I'm not there. No one deserves to feel the way iv felt.

Comment

I cant give a legal opinion but I can say if you cant do the job and they have no alternative position for you I think you may be out of a job best to get advice for that if it happens,as to underpayment of money you earned if its not sorted by speaking to the company im sure acas or similar can help one thing I detest is employers not paying you earn it they pay it. What ever the outcome good luck

Comment

As far as I know, LB has no formally qualified legal people, though it has people with very good knowledge of emplyment issues.

I think your best bet would be to phone ACAS though. Their advice is free and you know you're getting professional legal opinion:

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1461

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X