• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Preliminary Case Management hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preliminary Case Management hearing

I filed for constructive dismissal against my formeremployer (a pub/restaurant). My main complaints were that I was regularlyunderpaid, my complaints regarding pay were ignored and I was regularly treatedin a way which I would consider to be bullying. I also noted on my form that Ifelt forced to do things beyond my better judgment, including turning a blindeye to racism regarding both customers and staff, and ignoring unhygienicpractice such as picking up dropped food and serving it to customers as well asserving pints from the drip tray. On occasions where I protested about my treatment,suggesting their behaviour was illegal, I was told that if I go to head office Iwill be dismissed.
    I left and sent my notice to head office, outlining someof my reasons for leaving. Attempts were made to arrange a grievance meeting,however they ignored the dates I told them I was available and in the endoffered dates I had already told them I would be abroad. I gave up attemptingto arrange a meeting and filed for constructive dismissal.
    After doing so, I received information there would be apre hearing review, as my former employer disputed that my claims were notsubmitted on time. My former employers lawyers have now conceded that my formswere in on time and asked to cancel the PHR. The judge has refused this requestand now the hearing has been amended to a preliminary case management hearing.I have received an agenda for case management discussion.
    According to the form I should 'send a completed party toeach other party and to the tribunal in good time before the case management discussion'.My problems are as follows:
    1.I received the forms on 23rd August, since then I havebeen extremely busy with family commitments and job interviews. The casemanagement discussion is on Monday 2nd September, I feel the earliest I couldsend this information is on Sunday. Will this be considered to be 'in good time'?(Please note I have received nothing from my former employer).
    2.The wording of the agenda is difficult for me tounderstand and I cannot afford legal advice. Am I entitled to free legaladvice? If so have I left it too late?
    3. I have little idea what the reason is for a preliminarycase management is and why the judge has done this. If anyone can explain thepossible reasons this would be helpful.

I have no experience in this area and any help is greatlyappreciated. Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Preliminary Case Management hearing

From ET Claims website

http://etclaims.co.uk/2013/08/stealt...unal+Claims%29
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Preliminary Case Management hearing

Hi, You receive a letter which clearly states what you have to do, then you make excuses you have been busy, Your already on a good wicket as the other side have conceded they were wrong in their application. Get the papers in by special delivery , which you should have already done by now. I have no clue about the hearing and but I am a self litigant and know the Court allows for this. You are in the driving seat, just tell the truth when asked and read up as much as you can about this type of hearing before hand. I would have thought at this stage it is what it says. The Judge should explain what will happen, don't be afraid to ask. The link above will be of help, you were wronged and in the right. Good Luck.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X