• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Right to Confidentiality At Work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Right to Confidentiality At Work

salmon man
    By posting the name of your employer and so much infomation about yourself it would not be difficult for them to identify you you need to apologise to some on here you have as good as insulted far from seeking help you seem set on causing WW3 ON A PUBLIC FORUM

Comment

Originally posted by Salmon Man View Post
      Because this is all unwarranted and bordering on bullying, that's why I've asked for it to be deleted. The hostility is astounding.
      You don't get it. Nobody cares about whether you are mentally ill or not. Nobody is bullying you and nobody is being hostile. But you are in the wrong and you have taken serious risks with your employment and, without their knowledge, with your employers position. Actually nobody condoned shoplifting at all. Nobody condones failing to disclose to insures either. You are the one walking out of meetings with your employer out of anger. You are the one telling them they are cowboys and unprofessional. And you are the one who can't take any advice that might question whether you are in the right or not. You have no idea the sort of people here who have tried to help you. Some of them know more about mental ill health than you will ever experience or know - I hope for your sake. Pointing out that you are wrong does not constitute bullying. It means they care enough to spend a lot of time arguing with you - for your sake, and not for their benefit or health!

Comment

Can you also provide any evidence to back up your claim that those inflicted always "suffer"?
        This was taken from Psychology Today magazine, so I suspect they have a fair idea what they are talking about:

Essentially, if you've got it, you're stuck with it and there’s little to no chance of resolution. For most with bipolar disorder this is more familiar territory. If you've been hospitalized or experienced recurrent episodes of moderate to acute instability, then you've likely had a psychiatrist suggest that you need to accept the permanence of your condition and learn to live with it. Generally speaking, I agree with this though I don’t want to discount the possibility that we sometimes see unusual and unexpected outcomes. However, the reality is that most longitudinal studies do support the notion that bipolar disorder is a chronic lifelong condition.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
          This was taken from Psychology Today magazine, so I suspect they have a fair idea what they are talking about:

Essentially, if you've got it, you're stuck with it and there’s little to no chance of resolution. For most with bipolar disorder this is more familiar territory. If you've been hospitalized or experienced recurrent episodes of moderate to acute instability, then you've likely had a psychiatrist suggest that you need to accept the permanence of your condition and learn to live with it. Generally speaking, I agree with this though I don’t want to discount the possibility that we sometimes see unusual and unexpected outcomes. However, the reality is that most longitudinal studies do support the notion that bipolar disorder is a chronic lifelong condition.

Yes, I have known I was this way since I was 7 or 8 years old, I knew I felt different, although at that age I did not understand what I felt.

Anyone who has had a cold sore has the Herpes Simplex virus which they will never get rid of. Some people will never experience another cold sore in their lives, whilst others are plagued by them.

Comment

Can you also provide any evidence to back up your claim that those inflicted always "suffer"?
            This is where I'm struggling a bit to try to help Salmon Man. You ask a question like the one quoted above, then state you have known you have suffered since age 7 or 8, so you know the answer to the question - you know there is plenty of evidence about this. Why set yourself up for the inevitable answer? I don't understand that.

Admin are Celestine, Sapphire, Amethyst and Curlyben. If you wish to contact them, the fastest way is to report one of the posts on this thread - I usually report one of my own if I'm asking for something to be deleted.

To report a post, click the triangle with an exclamation mark in it just to the right of 'Blog this Post' at the bottom left of each post.

Comment

Having taken a quick time out, I would like to convey my sincerest apologies to anyone I have offended.

What I have taken offence to, rightly or wrongly, is the inference that anything you can glean from my posts is indicative of the symptoms of bipolar. That really seems an ignorant, ill informed view, IMO.

Comment

Having taken a quick time out, I would like to convey my sincerest apologies to anyone I have offended.

What I have taken offence to, rightly or wrongly, is the inference that anything you can glean from my posts is indicative of the symptoms of bipolar. That really seems an ignorant, ill informed view, IMO.
                It is exceedingly rarely you will see intentional offence on this forum, very rarely indeed. It is easy when issues are very personal, to read inference where none is intended, and to see ignorance where actually there may be more understanding than one appreciates.

Whatever I personally agree or disagree with you about, I admire your willingness to apologise in public. I doubt you have offended anyone, other than perhaps yourself. What we do here is help, or at least try to. Many are very well placed to offer highly skilled advice, but sometimes it needs the 'time out' you have just taken to reflect, and hopefully accept the advice in the spirit in which it was offered.

Comment

I would point out that I did not at any time suggest anything about "seeing symptoms of bipolar". Based on a posting history which seemed indicative of getting into rather serious arguments and disputes with others, I asked why you though this was. As a result of that question you became abusive. It is entirely relevant to consider what has happened and why it has happened - instead you ably demonstrated that you do quite a bit of "storming around and storming out", as described elsewhere by you.

The quite seperate issue about your bipolar was raised in relation to the fact that you stated that you had not disclosed your condition to the employer, and disclosure /non-disclosure of a mental illness was relevant to the employers insurance given that you drive for a living. Nor was it raised by me, although it was a very valid point; and it was not the cause of your becoming abusive.

I was not, as such, offended by your comments, but do you not see that this is an example of the relevance of the question asked? How this situation at your place of work got escalated to the point that it did is as much a result of your own actions as those of anyone else.

Comment

If you're looking for someone to come across as 'ignorant' (and now n then offensive) then I'm your girl HOWEVER,,my ignorance is not borne out of being rude,it is because I and many others are novices on fora like LB and are trying to learn,so apologies if anything I have said comes across as ignorant. I offend people by telling them the basic truth if they are rude,Every thread has the possibility of tipping over onto grounds it wasn't originally started for,this one isn't the first,believe me but i consider it healthy that other salient points get raised and thrashed out.
                    We have no idea to whom we go to to seek advice on fora such as LB,you happen to have issues that Eloise can answer (or at least debate with you) as Employment Law is her forte..We have PPI experts,we have Bailiff experts,,I believe we have a Lawyer or 10 involved in the mix,,it's pot luck who picks up on threads.
                    What I'm trying to say is....the advice here is objective...and the good advice will not be always what an OP wants to hear,but noone is going to lie or give bad advice just to massage egos,that's not the LB way.

Comment

Just felt a bit like the LB walls were closing in.

Comment

Well,,I can honestly assure you they weren't,,they tend not to 'massage egos' on here,,and will be totally honest with you,,that's why it works so well.Theres a lot of help on here hun,,make the most of it (after all,,what else in life is free)

Comment

If you are feeling calmer now, do you want to go back to, why did you get into an argument and what was said (and honestly now - there's no point tidying it up! If you were starting or keeping an argument going, or rude or swore or whatever, I don't really care, but I do need to know!)? Who were you arguing with, and in what order (there seems to have been a couple of arguments)? And how did this recruitment agency find out about your bipolar exactly? I don't need to know word for word, but the timeline, who is who and what was being argued about was somewhat hard to follow last night. Keep the anger and the emotions out of it and tell the story calmly, sticking to facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post
                            If you are feeling calmer now, do you want to go back to, why did you get into an argument and what was said (and honestly now - there's no point tidying it up! If you were starting or keeping an argument going, or rude or swore or whatever, I don't really care, but I do need to know!)? Who were you arguing with, and in what order (there seems to have been a couple of arguments)? And how did this recruitment agency find out about your bipolar exactly? I don't need to know word for word, but the timeline, who is who and what was being argued about was somewhat hard to follow last night. Keep the anger and the emotions out of it and tell the story calmly, sticking to facts.
                            The assessor from the recruitment agency came into my work yesterday as I was getting ready to leave in my van for the day. We had words where he was persuading me just to get on with it, the video assessment. I just told him I wasn't going to do it, and he insisted that he would need permission from my boss to exclude me from the course. He got shirty and went to speak to my boss. I phoned the head office of the recruitment company and asked to be officially excluded from the course and when they asked why I told them I had concerns about the whole thing, from the recruitment company using lies to almost blackmail people into signing up to participate. Also the certificate isn't worth the paper it is written on, it is a clear example of these companies taking advantage of staff contracts to make as much money from the government apprencticeship schemes. It just cost the taxpayer £1100 to this recruitment company to watch a colleague loading his van in the mornin, asking him questions, all on film, and then filming him driving to a job and programming a sat nav, something we do every day. The man is 65 years old, is a crabbit auld git counting down the months until he hangs up his keys for the last time, and they still stuck a camera in his face, asked him questions, handed him a certificate titled modern apprenticeship, and duly claimed their £1100 from the government. It's a waste of money. And when the assessor go shirty about it, I spoke to their head office and said that I wanted nothing to do with it, that it was misrepresented to us at the signing up stage with promises of insurance discounts which were deliberately false claims.

The regional manager from the recruitment company came in the morning and was sat in my boss's office with a transcript typed up of my comments from the telephone call to their head office. During the call I told the head office that I was bipolar self managing, avoiding stress triggers, that for months I had been declaring the videoing of this course as a stress trigger, and they ignored what I was saying and persisted in trying to persuade me. That was the first time I had mentioned the condition, but had warned the assessor on many occasions when he was at our work assessing my colleagues, that I would feel uncomfortable with it. I told him many times, and he wouldn't listen.

Uknown to me the lady I had spoken to on the phone at Remit's head office had written down what I said, typed it up and sent it to her regional manager, who was sat with my boss the next morning with a copy of this transcript.

I thought the guy was there to speak to me about the concerns I raised, and perhaps take an interest in the lies told by his staff, but he surprised me and insisted that my boss will get cheaper insurance if and when WE ALL complete the course he is selling. The conversation then got silly when everything he said was contradicting things he had previously just said. He was waffling things such as "we are here to make sure your drivers are safe to go on the road", "there are people on the roads driving vans for companies who don't know how to block change gears, or how to operate the indicators". Total bull**** just to get names on paper to claim free money from the government.

I had already told the regional manager that without an alternative form of assessment, written questions, I did not want to continue with the course. The chap then said "it's not a course". So then starts another exchange.. "what is it then? ..."It's just a certificate to say we have watched you safely do your job" ... that's the job I've been doing safely for some time before they came along.

Part of the course is assessing your driving skills ... they are not ADI's so have no right be assessing anyone's driving. I told them that sticking a camera in someone's face from the passenger seat was a distraction and a technique used by no one else to assess drivers taking exams with the DSA.

Anyway, I had enough of listening to the guy, he wasn't interested in addressing the points in the complaint and misrepresenting the value of the certificate to insurers was not something that horrified him, but something he joined in with, as he sat and told my boss the same pile of poop.

The regional manager seemed to be more keen to speak about me, rather than the points of complaint, and came out and asked about my bipolar. I wasn't prepared for that, the walls closed in, I stood up and told him that was uncalled for, he had no right to speak about something I had told him nothing about, which he knew from the statement from his head office, which I never seen nor gave permission to be shown to my boss at work. I had no idea it was written down.

My boss is not the sort of guy to share personal information with. He's an ill man himself, others in the company know why, but us closest to him every day have no idea, as he hasn't mentioned it. Apart from that I have a very good working relationship with my boss. He admitted to me that he had no idea what the course was all about, and didn't know that it involved filming us on camera.

Anyway, I had 280 miles drive non stop, to enable me to be finished at normal time on a Friday, and I had heard enough lies and waffle from the regional manager, so I told him I thought he was out of order bringing my medical condition into the conversation.

That's when I walked out of the room and got on with my day.
                            Last edited by Salmon Man; 23rd February 2013, 22:35:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                              Well,,I can honestly assure you they weren't,,they tend not to 'massage egos' on here,,and will be totally honest with you,,that's why it works so well.Theres a lot of help on here hun,,make the most of it (after all,,what else in life is free)
                              All I can say is that I wasn't looking for my ego to be massaged, and I apologise if it came across that way. I did feel as though it was turning into the opposite though, and felt my ego being verbally dismantled. lol

Comment

Lol Salmon Man - this thread has taken an odd turn and it looks, mercifully, as if everyone has now kissed and made up. Please would you now say (very shortly and simply) with what you actually would like help?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X