• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Performance Improvement Plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Improvement Plan

Hi, newbie here, hoping someone can help. I have worked at the same company for 13 years and for the first time in my career I have been placed on a PIP. I work in a sales position and historically have had a successful track record however last year I had a poor year working in a sales team of four selling into manufacturing which at the end of the year was cut to two based on an acknowledgement of difficult trading conditions. I moved to a new sales team and having started from scratch this year will again fail to hit my target though I am performing better than most of my team.

A new policy was introduced earlier this year and applied retrospectively where if you fail to achieve 75% of target two years running you would be put on a PIP. I have just been placed on a PIP and whilst I was not happy I realise that I am in a sales role and ultimately judged on sales figures.When my manager had an initial meeting with me so i could put forward reasons why my performance is down and it was obvious that he wanted to go down the PIP path.

My issue is that my manager emailed the PIP document to me, has not gone through any of the details or discussed any support, the expectations are completely unachievable and has not scheduled a review session for a month after the start of the PIP, this and the no detail of support goes against company procedures for a PIP.

I have had issues with my manager before which I have aired informally with a senior manager and HR and feel that the process is designed to get me out and possibly tainted with an element of revenge. I have raised a grievance but now feel that my position is untenable, any suggestion on what I should do?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X