• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

overtime discrimination against our rate of pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overtime discrimination against our rate of pay

hi everyone,
    im new to this place and i just wondered if anyone could possibly help me with some advice and point me to the correct legal info i need.
    i work for a london borough council in the street cleansing and refuse dept which has been taken over by contractors, now the contractor has stopped all full time contracted staff doing any overtime because the agency workers are cheaper than us so the agencys are getting all the overtime and there is a lot of overtime available, even if they dont have enough agency workers to do the extra work they still will not give us staff the overtime, they just draft in more agencys workers
    my question is, is there anywhere i can get it in writen law that says that they cannot do this to us ? they will not put this in writing to us so that says to us this obviously illegal to discriminate against us because of our rate of pay,
    all us contracted staff are not against the agency workers getting overtime but we would like the overtime equaly distributed and to be made fair all round,
    we also understand there is new laws giving the agency workers the same rights as full time staff, but at the moment it feels like we do not have the same rights as they agency's
    does this come under the discrimination laws ? or the fairness at work acts ? all i need is some form of paperwork to take to our union men in the depot to hit the management with, unfortunatly our union guys are not the best in the world at finding all this sort of stuff out and they are not very good on computers to look all this stuff up as i do, but if they are given the correct info they will go in and battle the management for us, god bless them.

any advice or where to find the correct paperwork and or legal rules would be a great help

thanks for reading this

vinny....
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X