• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Contract Query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Contract Query

Thank you very much Chalkitup a bit of encouragement like that goes a long way I can tell you.
    I have just been on the jobcentreplus site and low and behold she is advertising lol
    I have printed it off as I am being helped with a final grievence letter and hopefully if its not settled a tribunal will follow.
    This sort of treatment has to stop, the job is not casual yet the contract is wriitten in such a way that there are no rights for the employee at all. As the Leisure and Entertainment Industry is so big now I really think something should be done as in other trades and occupations to protect the work force.
    Once again thanks for your post much appreciated xxx

As an after thought lol maybe the CAB should have some contact with ACAS and get some proper information, had it not been for beagles I would have left it as their word was gospel and that is not so.
    Last edited by enaid; 18th August 2010, 13:29:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      As an after thought lol maybe the CAB should have some contact with ACAS and get some proper information, had it not been for beagles I would have left it as their word was gospel and that is not so.
      That is a very interesting point and both my friends were very annoyed with the "advice" that CAB gave them. They both agreed that they would have taken the advice as true at the time if I had not intervened. Which makes one wonder ..... how many others just take the word of CAB and give in?

I have other situations where CAB have given some terrible advice regarding Consumer Credit Act matters. I appreciate they are not doing so on purpose but best not give any advice at all than give bad advice.

Sorry ....... going off on one there .............. but last time I had this CAB discussion with someone we came to the conclusion that obviously the CAB people are not trained enough in certain areas yet they freely give advice which is incorrect.
      Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

Emailed to you Nelly as it contains personal stuff, post openly/edited if you wish.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Once again Tools and Ame, I can't thank you enough email has gone, no amendments as IMHO it's perfick xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Well had my second and last meeting this morning, I should have gone further I really know I should but TBH I couldn't be bothered. I was offered my job back which is what would have been ideal had I actually been able to enter the premises without slapping the mangeress. I was offered altrnative pubs to work in and I could have been messed about here, there and everywhere as some are quite awkward to get to. I also thought well if they just place me in a pub willy nilly, will that mean they have to upsticks someone who is already there. I want a quiet life and certainly don't need to be going out to work to put up with more misery and conflict.
            So I have wimped out and taken 6 weeks pay, I am sure I could have held out for more and probably would have won at a Tribunal, but like I said there I really couldn't carry on working for a Company that treats it's staff the way they do, so hey ho, be careful on the roads lol my next job maybe Lollipop Lady pmsl and if it get it there will be a lot less cheeky kids about.
            Thanks all for your imput and kind wishes, as always on Beagles the backup is tremendous
            Enaid xx

Comment

Well if you are happy with the outcome then that's all that matters isn't it?

Can you come and be the lollipop lady at the school I go past every morning please? I think she is actually a kamikaze lollipop woman as she will insist on leaping out in front of me every day. It's a wonder I haven't run her over before now lol. (although it must be said I have been very tempted to on more than one occasion)
              Last edited by WendyB; 2nd September 2010, 23:01:PM.
              Is no longer here

Comment

Di you didn't wimp out at all hun, you stood your ground and took that 'manageress' to task, that in itself is a great thing, hopefully she will learn by this and realise she can't just tread on people for the sake of giving her friends/family jobs, and even more the brewery now know whats been done and lets hope they will keep an eye on her.
                If your happy with 6 weeks pay then fab, and as you say you managed to go in there without slapping her, that in itself is a great thing because I for one didn't fancy travelling up to Salford to bail you out rofl.
                Nope I think all in all you've done great ((((((((Hugs)))))))) for being a brave Di, I'll buy you a rum or a few rums at the meet.

Oh and please, please do go for being a lollipop lady I can just imagine you telling drivers which way to go rofl.

Comment

You now know hun you can go the extra mile and I am really proud of you as you wanted to give up at the first hurdle, you must have more faith in yourself.

You had some fantastic help here from behind the scenes which bettered the advice from CAB and gave you the confidence to go forward. That is an amazing achievement 6 weeks pay and good on you for sticking it out and not hitting that manageress. Did they pay your remaining holiday pay as well?

Lollipop lady or dinner lady could be very good for the kids?
                  Tuttsi xxxxx <hugs>>>>>>

Comment

RE CAB poor advice common problem I'm afraid. Some 'experts' just cannot say they don't know & instead offer misleading advice

Comment

Thats good news Nelly. You won. They knew you had them over a barrel, and they had a duty to offer you alternatives if the situation at that ''branch'' was untenable.

Well done If you hadnt fought you'd have been jobless with 1 weeks pay,

Have they asked you to sign a compromise agreement at all ?
                      And do you have the notes from the meeting?

(glad you didnt wimp out of this meeting :kiss: )
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Is it me or are CAB getting worse?

Comment

What do ya think ? pmsl

Comment

Brave of you to try it again Nelly , after last time

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Drunk lollipop lady fined
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well maybe this is not quite over yet, I went to see a very nice gent who works for a Manchester Law Firm. He read all the emails, contract and hand book. I expalined how evertthing had happened since the new mangeress had taken over. I also said how angry and upset I was over the treatment I have received from the Manageress and the Brewery on this matter. Although he did say that I had infact taken 6 weeks pay as a Termination of my Contract, the way it had been done would not impress their Legal Dept, if they had to defend a Tribunal.
                              So I think it's 50/50 and that is not bad odds IMO so tomorrow I will be on the phone to ACAS to say I have a potential claim for Constructive Dismissal therefore I would like to use your Pre-issue Conciliation facility and claim for 6 months pay.

Comment

Nice one Di, I'm with you all the way ((((Hugs)))). Its good to know thats its not quite over, I bet you felt rather sick when you found out the deal your friend had got.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X