• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Dismissed, found new job, had to leave new job due to illness caused by dismissal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dismissed, found new job, had to leave new job due to illness caused by dismissal.

I'm in the process of taking my ex employer to a tribunal for unfair dismissal as an LIP.

I worked for them fo 12 years. Was dismissed for a first offence. I dont need help on that part.

The part i'm unsure of is, I became ill after they suspended me which continued throughout the process until dismissal. As I had never been ill during my 12 years with them, I believe it was caused by the way they treated me during the process. I've always had eczema and asthma, but it's never flared up to such an extent as it did during the disciplinary process. My doctor put me on medication at the time. I started a new job a couple months later and it still hadn't calmed down. In fact, it got so bad I went back to the doctors and was put on stronger medication. The new medication causes drowsiness and loss of concentration and I have to take a nap at least once an hour. As a result of the new medication, I had to leave my new job because I physically couldn't do it any more.

My problem is. I didn't put any of this in my tribunal claim because I made the claim prior to starting my new job and before things had gotten as bad as they are.

Ive just had the pre-hearing a week after coming out of hospital for heart failure, something else I believe was caused by this whole situation. I told the pre-hearing about the heart failure but forgot to raise the other medical issue. There's another pre hearing for end of january. Can I add my medical condition to the claim as i belive the employer's actions caused it to flare up, or is it too late? And if I can add it to my claim, what would I label it as?

Thank you

Forgot to add

I was in hospital when the agenda for the first pre hearing arrived. I didn't see it until two days prior to the hearing. I just skimmed through it and didnt realise it had to be sent back before the hearing. I explained that at the hearing and they accepted it. I thought we were going to address the agenda, but we never, so some things I wanted to raise didnt get raised, and before i knew it, the hearing was over. Can i raise those issues in the next pre hearing or is it too late? things like disclosure, witnesses, schedule of loss,
    Last edited by Ryan_G; 20th September 2024, 10:51:AM.
    Tags: None

You say in your post "I believe it was caused by the way they treated me during the process. I've always had eczema and asthma, but it's never flared up to such an extent as it did during the disciplinary process."

What medical evidence to you have to support your belief?

What is/are your current claim/s actually logged with the ET for?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X