• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Termination of Employment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Termination of Employment

Hello, just reaching out for some advice please.

My employment was terminated on the 3rd Sept, the letter said I could appeal within 5 days but the team was informed on the 4th Sept that I had left the business.
    I had a victimisation grievance in against the person who terminated my employment and I had answered the questions the hearing manager had about the grievance but did not receive an outcome.
    I had been off sick with work related stress (I have a disability of ten years that i told the company about and that was when I began to get bullied) from Feb 24 and had been told on a few occasions not to return to work while HR worked on putting things in place after i informally told HR and director about B&H. They did nothing to investigate and I was bullied again by manager in May during a mediation meeting (no policy).
    After I submitted a formal grievance in June, the HR director said I could only return to work if I worked with the manager I felt was B&H me during the formal grievance investigation.
    I raised another grievance. All grievances and appeals not upheld. One outcome letter said the company was working on a safe return for me when I had questioned why I had not been allowed to return to work.

My ET1 form has several headings but I wasn't sure where to put the termination. I have worked for the company for 20 months.

Tags: None

Just to clarify you say you have a disability and sorry it this is sensitive but is it covered under the definition in the Equality Act (EqA)? This is set out as "a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities."

I presume you have been through Early Conciliation which has not progressed and that you have the ACAS certificate number for this.

In terms of completing your ET1 in case you have not found it on the .gov website I have linked you to a guide to completing the form below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...per-claim-form

It will be section 8 where you need to cover the issues surrounding your termination. Please remember that this form is the place were you need to state what all your claims are and provide as much detail in support of those claims. This should be set out in chronological order with dates, what the incident of detriment was i.e. disability discrimination, harassment etc, who by and whether there were any witnesses.

Please just come back to this thread if you need any more assistance and please ensure you meet the strict deadline for submitting the ET1.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you for responding. Yes I have suffered with anxiety and depression with weekly counselling and medication for 10 years.

Yes i went through ACAS early conciliation and have a certificate too.

I am currently working through all the legal tests for my ET1 form but am worried that I may not fully understand this process because some of the events I experienced fall under a few categories.

Comment

Thank you for confirming all my questions.

In terms of your detriments falling under a few categories then on the 8.2 section I suggest that you set up main headings for each detriment and then underneath in chronological order set out each event related to that detriment as set out in my earlier post and reference the relevant legislation.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X