• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

What is my next step?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is my next step?

Hi...

So I'm unsure what to do or what my next step is..

So I work for a well known airline catering firm at one of these warehouses which is 50 miles away from the old unit we relocated to when they closed that down. The firm said theyd provide transport to & from new unit to keep us in work.... so we all meet at old unit to be picked up at 7 to start work at 7.30am & finish at 4pm.. as we are in the busiest part of the season & certain areas not hitting targets. They are purposely telling the driver to not come back as work still needs to be done (almost holding us to ransom)

Most of clock out at 4pm and sit there to prove a point...
    Is there any law about underhand tactics... my ops manager will say "tough, if you dont like it you can F off"
    my line managers partner is the driver so we have no cover that wat.

I was thinking of emailing head office HR but I know they was all out drinking the other week together. So it won't be taken seriously,

Also we haven't had hot running water for weeks, (and the compqny os diluting cleaning fluids to save money) I've thought about HSE or environmental health but I can't risk my name being mentioned
    Tags: None

Firstly the issue with not hot running water then in relation to washing facilities then the law states it must be provided. If you did want to make a report then the details are linked to below:

https://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/tell-...fety-issue.htm

How long are you being made to wait after 4pm to the transport back to the old warehouse?

On the issue with the transport to your newly relocated warehouse, then you really do need to raise a grievance about this.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

So we sometimes wait anywhere between an 1hr to 1hr 45mins, as I've said above... the driver is the line managers partner so nothing will be done,

I have raised a grievance but not heard anything in 5 days, i have it on email so theres a paper trail. I've decided I'm going to to the ceo as they think the new unit is working but clearly it isn't, A fellow colleague today said the operations manager wants to get rid of bus as costing too much money

Comment

I asked the queation about how long after 4pm you have to wait as it was not in your original post, so thank you for letting me know.

if you did not clock off at 4pm and if there is work to do would you get paid overtime until the bus took you home?

Raising a grievance is the right first stage and having a paper trail is essential. Does the company grievance procedure give any detail of timescales for the company to respond to a grievance? Some company policies I have seen do and others do not.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

There's always work to do after 4pm I think that's the trouble...we are short staffed. Instead of asking can anyone stay on its almost expected. No one should go to work and not wonder what time your going to finish.

As for grievance timescales.. I'm unsure as I was wasn't given a new contract when I moved units - even though we had a different rate or pay, location etc (not that I think that matters) infact I wasn't given a copy of a contract when I started with the company originally.

Comment

My view would be that if there is work to be done (unless it is completely unavoidable) then your managers should agree with you about working late but provide details of the time the bus will be there to take you back to the old location.

Without you having access to the company grievance procedure, then the ACAS guidelines state that “employers should arrange for a formal meeting to be held without unreasonable delay after a grievance is received.”

If you have not heard back after I would say 7 days, it would be worth chasing up and asking for details of when a meeting with you will be arranged. Do not forget when setting out the details of the meeting your employer must give you the right to be accompanied. Are you by any chance in the union?

Comment

Yesterday it all blew up... one of the husbands of the ladies who works on my shift said that the company was taking the mick... the ops manager heard it and said (as I thought he would) if you don't like it then F off.

It almost escalated into a fight... both were separated. When asked about the meeting the reply was "I have no time for that"

An email has been sent to Head office/HR about the attitude and the fact the buisness will have no staff soon enough and an email HSE (about the water)

Potentially opened Pandoras box... but At the end of my tether and so is everyone else.

Comment

It does sound like escalating the situation to Head Office / HR, given what has been going on, is certainly the next stage as it does not appear the manager is prepared to deal with issues constructively.

I appreciate you were reluctant about going to HSE but the lack of hot running water is against the law and it was good that they have now been emailed.

I hope that something positive will come from the issues being escalated but if you have any further questions, then please come back to this thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X