• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

ET1 Form- Applying for Interim Relief

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ET1 Form- Applying for Interim Relief

Good Morning,

so background, l a few days I was let go by an employer I’d been employed by for nine months, to set up a time scale,
    Day 1- Whistleblew about issue
    Day 2- Pulled into investigation meeting
    Day 3- Work for couple hours, pulled into disciplinary hearing with no warning, refuse my right to be accompanied, hand me letter saying I was sacked previous day.

I’ve got all my early conciliation numbers, complicated within itself again, and am now trying to fill in the ET1, but everyone is giving me different information on filing for interim relief, and I’ve found two different ET1’s.

Just wondering if anyone can help me with clearing up this issue, as I don’t know what form I’m filling in, and if it has it online that I’m applying for interim relief or I need to phone the tribunal court that will take my case like it lists in other places, and then obviously because I’m applying for interim relief I’m on a deadline.

Thank you in advance, and thank you for taking the time to read my post.
    Tags: None

If you believe you have been unfairly dismissed for making a protected disclosure within the meaning of the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998 (whistleblowing) you can apply to a tribunal for ‘interim relief’.

This you do when you complete the ET1 form by :

* In section 2.3 tick the box "My claim consists only of a complaint of unfair dismissal which contains an application for interim relief." even if you do have an Early Conciliation number

* In section 8.1 tick both boxes “I was unfairly dismissed” and “I am making another type of claim which the ET can deal with” and write in the box something along the lines of.

"Interim Relief: I am claiming unfair dismissal by reason of whistleblowing and I am applying for Interim Relief pursuant to section 128 of the Employment Rights Act 1996 (ERA). For the reasons set out in the Details of Claim at 8.2, I submit that it is likely that the Tribunal will, in determining this complaint under section 103A ERA, find that the main reason for dismissal was due to the protected disclosure/s. Accordingly, unless the Respondent confirms that it is willing to reinstate me, I am entitled to an order for the continuation of my contract of employment pursuant to section 129(9) ERA”.

You must ensure that you submit this ET1 claim containing the application for interim relief within 7 days of your dismissal, this is a really strict deadline.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X