• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Protective Payment advice needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protective Payment advice needed please

My employer went into administration last year owing notice and redundancy to all employees. We have been able to claim for these through the RPS. We also started a claim for a Protective Payment as none of us were given advance of losing our jobs. We went through the ACAS process and commenced a tribunal - the last letter from this states that ‘The respondent is now in Compulsory Liquidation and the liability of the administrator is discharged. No action can proceed without leave of the high court’. I spoke to someone from the Tribunal service - at first they said there was nothing we needed to do, then he changed this and said I needed to contact the relevant Court and request leave to Proceed. I have the name of the judge who issued the winding up and i believe they are based in London but I have no idea where to go next. Can anyone offer any advice on how I get this? Can i do it on line or do I need to ring and speak to someone?
    Tags: None

Do you understand that if a company is in liquidation it is because it is insolvent, it has no money? Take a look at the administrator's reports filed at Companies House.

Find out who the liquidator is and file a claim with him.

What do you hope to achieve by continued action?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Yes, I fully understand that, thank you for pointing that part out. The Redundancy Payment Service will be making the payment to us - to do this they need confirmation from the tribunal service that we are eligible to receive it. The Tribunal service have confirmed they will do this but only if we get leave of the high court.

Comment

ULA - is what the OP says right? I don't think it is.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Have you actually had a Tribunal judgement in respect of the protective award?

You issued the last letter stating "...that ‘The respondent is now in Compulsory Liquidation and the liability of the administrator is discharged."?
          If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
          If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

We haven’t received the tribunal judgement yet. It’s stopped until we get leave of the high court

Comment

Effectively because the company is "wound up" your ex-employer is protected by a "stay" on issuing or continuing legal proceedings and this can only be lifted with the consent of either the administrator or the court under the Insolvency Act 1986. The ET has determined that this will be the court.

You will need to make an Application to the High Court for a consent order to be allowed to continue proceedings at the ET. This I think needs to be done under the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) Part 23, although CPRs are not my area of expertise atticus may be able to assist. However, I believe that there would be a court fee for doing this and you will need to consider this against what you are claiming, which will be up to 90 days of pay.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you very much for your help! This is the most constructive advice I have had so far as most other parties seem unable or unwilling to assist!

Comment

Glad that the LB team can assist.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X