• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Respondents legal rep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly it could be argued.

However just a thought that the respondent may have a cost argument depending on whether the training was being delivered by an external person / company or being done by in-house resources.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

What is an acceptable amount of time before a hearing to exchange bundles. The Hearing is mid sept.

Comment

The Case Management Orders (CMO) will set out the date for exchange of the final hearing bundle and also for Witness Statements.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thoughts on fairness
          If during a process it was found out that a manager had falsified documentation to fail or otherwise push an employee on to the next stage of the process. And was caught by the union and in a grievance the employer acknowledged this in writing. But the employer failed to investigate and deal with the manager and continues the process based on information gathered by that manager. Would that be unfair on the employee.

Comment

Without specifics and you providing direct information it is difficult to advise.

On the manager though, whether or not the employer investigated to decided or take action against the manager is up to them. Even if the did the outcome of such would not be required to be made known to the employee.

If the falsified information, which was acknowledged as such in the grievance, was then used to continue a process (whatever that may have been) without any further information to support the reason for pursuing the process, then it MAY be an unfair process.

Without specifics I cannot say advise any other way.

Comment

Had a good Preliminary Hearing every thing was laid out and clarification given where needed. The respondents Legal rep helped some what with a little nudge from the judge. There were a couple of things that i have thought of after the fact.

One was to do with identifying reasonable adjustments.
              So it has became apparent that the employer had failed to follow their own policy and failed to identify that adjustments were needed despite the policy stating that this should happen in the first instance. It was the claimant who identified adjustments with help from access to work. Given that the claimant was access to works client/customer and the employer did nothing outwith the recommendations. Could it be argued that the employer has not fully met its obligations under the equality act.

The other issue was that the employers witnesses are all registered practioners and have to abide by a code of conduct and terms of registration to practice. Given that we had identified issues which would require myself and the claimant to raise a concern with the professional body at the earliest opportunity . When could this be reasonably done as i would not want to be accused of any underhanded moves before the main hearing.

Comment

In terms of your two question my responses are:

1.It would depend entirely upon what was recommended and the reasons for the employer not making the suggested adjustment/s

2. Sorry but you have provided no specifics with which to answer these questions. i.e. what type of registered practitioners were they, what were the issues with either them abiding by their code of conduct of terms of registration that you need to raise them with their respective bodies.

Comment

In regards to the second question. The witnesses' are registered health workers who have to follow a set of standards in order to remain registered to practice.
                  Questions of compliance with the standards have arisen for some as part of evidence gathering . This relates to honesty and integrity following legalisation and polices, record keeping and falsification of documentation.

The HCPC say we must raise a concern If you have concerns about the fitness to practise of a professional registered with the HCPC, or believe that a registrant is a risk to the public or to public confidence in the profession,

Given that the Claimant was advised by her legal representative supporting her with a professional body investigation to raise concerns with the HCPC regarding conduct of some of the individuals that have now been called by the respondent as witnesses. I am cautious about progressing with this if it could be used against the claimant during the tribunal.

Comment

If the person you are supporting is taking professional legal advice, then this is a question best directed to them to ask their opinion on.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X