• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Looking for help....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help....

Good Morning all,
    I was wondering if anyone had ever had employment tribunal issues with a charity? Only worked for them briefly and was sacked on very clear sexual discrimination reasons to which they admitted yet claimed the were not aware that it was illegal to do that. the list of malpractice is long, non payment of minimum wages, rudeness, all hours availability expected and so on. However during our first hearing with the judge, they were told to put forward another reason why I had been sacked other the the discrimination one. They quickly said I wasn't doing my job. I have much evidence to the contrary, but they're coming up with many things to stop me going forward.
    first they're refusing to provide me with the totality on the documents we exchanged, only choosing a "Selection" that they intend to use in court.
    when I asked for a FIO, they said as a charity they don't have to comply.
    They're now asking for judicial mediation, although through acas they had been very aggressive in their refusal to compensate.
    anyone that can help? I am very poor and can't afford any legal advice more than the one I already have and will be representing myself. I just need some encouragements.
    Yonni
    Tags: None

"first they're refusing to provide me with the totality on the documents we exchanged, only choosing a "Selection" that they intend to use in court."

If this is in relation to the final hearing bundle, then the documents within it are all of those which are relevant to the claim and it's defence whether they are positive or negative to any parties case. If there are documents that you believe are relevant to your claim and the respondent is refusing to include, then you will need to make an application to the Tribunal setting out the documents and why you require them to be disclosed for the hearing bundle and the efforts you have gone to with the respondent to have them included. That application needs to request the Judge to Order the respondent to disclose them. Any such application would need to be copied to the respondent to allow them the opportunity to object.

"when I asked for a FIO, they said as a charity they don't have to comply."

That is correct under the FOI Act charities are excluded from having to comply with an FOI request unless they are a charity which is also a Public Authority. What was the purpose of you submitting a FOI? If it was to find out what personal information the charity held on you and any specific information related to the claim, then you would have been better making a Subject Access Request which I believe they do have to comply with.

"They're now asking for judicial mediation, although through acas they had been very aggressive in their refusal to compensate."

Judicial mediation (JM) and mediation via ACAS are two different processes. JM involves bringing you and the respondent together for mediation at a private preliminary hearing in front of a trained employment judge. The judge's job is to remain neutral and to assist the parties in resolving their dispute and reach a settlement.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

This is very helpful. Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X