• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Salary overpayment and underpayments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary overpayment and underpayments

The last few months my employer has underpaid my salary by varying amounts and missed off expenses owed.

When I bring this to their attention, the admit the mistake then say "we have added the missed payment into next months payment run" so I am essentially waiting another month for the money owed.

I am currently waiting for them to get back to me about missing expenses. Their and my expense report state I should have been paid 'X' but they paid 'Y'. It has been 3 weeks and I am being stonewalled with " The person dealing with it is on annual leave"

Friday rolls around and they claim they have overpaid my salary this month and have asked that I transfer the overpayment back ASAP. However I have not seen any reports to suggest an overpayment and all they have done is amend the payslip to state "overpayment amendment" When the payslip was first issued I even alerted them to the amount seeming incorrect, but they haven't responded other than sending a generic email to everyone affected asking for the money back. I suspect some jobs completed have been overpaid and others haven't been paid as the total amount is incorrect regardless of keeping/deducting the overpay

I have no issues returning any money, however I have requested an update to the expenses issue and a report of what I have / haven't been paid for... I am paid per job I complete so the amount per month can drastically vary.

Is there anything I need to be aware of or that I may have missed?
    Tags: None

If the company is stating that they have overpaid you then they need to set out, in writing to you, exactly how they calculate that this has happened.

So if you have requested this from your employer together with details of your expenses payment issues that is the correct starting point for you. You will then have to see what explanation they come back with and see whether you agree with it or not.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thanks. I figured this would be the way forward, just wanted the reassurance. Thank you

Comment

If you have any questions once you hear back from your employer just cone back to this thread.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X