• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Constructive dismissal and whistleblowing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructive dismissal and whistleblowing

My wife left her place of work (doctors surgery) after there was an incident of cross contamination that was not dealt with property ( a blood sample was left on a surface and not cleaned, it as left to see if it was noticed) her last day of work was 25.01.23, since she left we have been in dialogue with her former employer but my wife suffered mentally and almost suffered a breakdown because of her treatment, she was put on higher doses of anti anxiety medication and she also lost her father during this time. Her former employer responded to us via a HR company and really really delayed every response to our requests, we now feel as though this was deliberate. When i submitted a DSAR they were slow, and asked us to fill in their template for information, when the DSAR was finally received (there was numerous occasions that they said it was sent yet it was not visible on the email) it was incomplete, i let them know that it was incomplete and since then they have ignored us, i gave them another chance last week to respond or we would go down the constructive dismissal and whistleblowing route, again they ignored us. Now i know that generally there is a three month time limit for this, but from what i know it can be extended for certain circumstances, we have remained in contact with them the entire time and the request was not fulfilled, the DSAR we needed to take to court but it was incomplete for the reasons stated. Would ACAS still accept the claim ? we have filed our intent on their website as we had enough of their game playing, and because my wife's' mental state was worse than mine i have had to do the work required. The whistleblowing is on a serious incident, all my wife is wanting is the salaries that she should have had when she left as she was alienated (and we have strong proof of this, and proof of the practise lying.....100% irrefutable proof). Please can anyone help ere, my just wants what is rightfully hers, we really struggled over Christmas when this happened.
    Tags: None

If an employment tribunal does not receive a claim within the relevant time limit, this effectively means that the tribunal has no jurisdiction to hear the claim. However, the tribunal may extend time to submit claims where it finds that it was:

1. Not reasonably practicable for the claimant to present the claim in time, AND
    2. the claim was presented within such further period as the tribunal considers reasonable.

Tribunal deadlines are a serious matter and if they do decide to extend beyond the relevant time it will only be very slightly flexible in missing the date and only if there are truly exceptional circumstances.

By all means start a claim via ACAS Early Conciliation and see if you the claim is approved by the Tribunal, even though it is out of time.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you for your response i do appreciate it, i was not aware of any time deadlines, and i was trying to be amicable, they took a long time to respond to my requests and they were never complete, so it wasn't until they completely ignored me that i had to make raise this with ACAS , my wife was not really able to make any decisions as she almost had a nervous breakdown, this was all recorded by her GP, hopefully this will go some way to helping.

Comment

Unfortunately I cannot say whether or not your reasons for missing the deadline will be accepted by the Tribunal given they are strict about timescales.

If you have any questions about this matter then please just come back to this thread.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X