• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employment Tribunal - do I have a case after being made redundant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Tribunal - do I have a case after being made redundant

Hi.
    I was wondering if anyone can let me know the legal stance on my current situation and whether I have a potential case.

I have been working at a company for near 5 years.
    last year I was going to leave but they retained me with the promise of a promotion to take place in the new financial year.
    They restructured the company, making some redundancies and giving myself and some others promotions.
    Due to my promotion, some of my previous tasks were given to more junior members of the team and I took on other more senior responsibilities. I have not had time to property get stuck into the new role as the whole company has been waiting to move from WFH to being in an office for the majority of the week. I was told by my bosses that once we are in the new premises that I can get stuck into my new role and it will be easier for everyone as it will be an open and communicative environment.
    The office move was meant to be fairly soon after the restructure in the new financial year but it kept getting kicked down the road due to financial reasons.
    Anyway we have just found out the move is not happening and they are going to make redundancies and essentially try and undo some of the restructure that only happened barely 8 weeks ago.
    I am up for redundancy as my new role is now not needed for the new direction the company wants to go in (due to financial reasons). I feel like this is unfair as not only did they push to retain me with the promise of this promotion but they also didn’t allow me or others to properly begin their new jobs. As mentioned, some of my ‘old’ responsibilities are not with other members of my team who are being kept.
    Just to clarify, they are not unhappy with my performance.

Do I have a case to take them to a tribunal?
    Tags: None

At the moment you do not know if you are going to be made redundant as I presume you have merely been advised that your position may be made redundant. The company now need to undergo a redundancy consultation process.

It sounds like the company seems to be having some financial difficulties and is trying to restructure again to try to manage the business.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

ULA thanks for your response.
      I am looking for advice on whether I have a tribunal case when my redundancy goes through. The ‘consultation period’ is now but they are just going through the motions and the decisions have already been made.

Comment

Damages payable for redundancy can be small. Take care.

Comment

There is a lot you would need to do to prove that a redundancy situation has not arisen when making any claim. In addition you cannot really determine whether you would have a potential claim until all consultation has taken place and the process concluded.
          If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
          If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X