• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

No Contract - Suspended for not asking authorisation to work abroad.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Contract - Suspended for not asking authorisation to work abroad.

Dear all,

I just wonder if there is any advice I can be given on the following please.

Constant issues with line manager preventing me on performing the specifics of my role withholding information should be aware of. 2years in the company.

On the other hand, I raised my concern to HR about not having my contract and my concerns on my relationship with manager. I was told I'd be given this document upon confirming details of employment, raised concerns on pay, holidays entitlement.

The suspension. I attempted to work abroad from my partner’s home. Being already abroad, as I resumed working, I made aware my manager i was in Spain (for 2 days), aware that this was a common practice, she raised concerned of not asking for her permission, raised security concerns and put me under unpaid leave and advised me that this could amount to gross misconduct.

After two days, from the uk I was invited to an informal investigation meeting. I didn't feel prepared, it said it was part of a disciplinary process. I declined and explained that didn't feel okay and wasn't prepared, wanted to know information on the investigation and wanted to know the policy on disciplinary action. They (my manager and HR) said it was their right to continue with the meeting.

In the meeting I confirmed that I didn't know I had to ask for authorisation, I confirmed there was not potential breach or risk of security, my manager knew what i was working on, but requested what exactly were the potential breaches in my specific case since i wouldn't have access to any sensitive information. there were general concerns, laptop through airoport control etc.

After a short deliberation, I was called back in the same meeting and my manager decided to put me on paid suspension and will continue with her investigation. She stated I didn't understand the busines concerns in security and because the serios breaches of information on working abroad without authorisation.

The meeting notes sent by manager (when the note-taker was HR) are not true reflection of my responses. I replied my comments on that document. So far this is the stage I'm at the moment. i had requested for the procedure to be sent, but this is not sent.

thanks a lot for your advice.
    Shirley
    Tags: None

What does your contract state about your place of work?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by ULA View Post
      What does your contract state about your place of work?

I do not have a contract. I requested this in 2 occasions, the last time I did, i expressed my concerns that i didnt have one and explained that i was having issues with my manager restricting the duties of my rol. this was as an informal conversation. They had to provide me with my contract but they are still delaying this.

Comment

Does you company have a security policy in regards to company data.

Comment

Hi - Not that I'm aware, there is a document that states the data protection agreement with 3rd parties though.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X