• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Breaks taken off me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaks taken off me

Sorry but can anyone explain owed an hour so you get time back not paid but when you claim the time back they as protocol subtract your breaks so one hour extra minus two ten breaks means I got forty minutes back! How can this be right?
    Tags: None

Sorry @ redstar but your question is not very clear.

On what basis are you owed an hour of time?
    Has this been worked over an above your contractual hours?

What are the 2 x 10 minute breaks you are referring to?
    Are these contractual breaks?
    If so are they paid or unpaid breaks?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I work in a call center was due to finish at 18.oo call came through at 17.56 went in until 18.56 when I logged out.You can claim the time back but not pay.I claimed then time back but they took my ten minute breaks away .. 10 to 1800. 2 ten minutes 30 minute lunch.So instead of getting 56 minutes back I got 36 minutes back ? Doesn't seem reasonable at all I worked an extra twenty minutes for free !

Comment

Just so that I am clear your contractual hours of work are 10:00 to 18:00 and within those hours you contractually get a 30 minute lunch break and a further 2 x 10 min breaks. I presume on the day in question you had already taken these three breaks before you started the call at 17:56? If you did have your breaks then have you queried why, when you have already taken the breaks, that they deducted 20 minutes from the extra 56 minutes.

If there is nothing in you contract that says this is protocol for extra hours then ask where this is stated in an policy or procedure on working extra hours.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

So I am contracted to 8 hours a day including my 30 minutes for lunch and two ten minute breaks. Today I am paid until my finish time at 7pm.However we are asked to stay logged in until 7.02 to make sure the lines are cleared.So if you get another call it means you can be on the phone until the call is deal with.Company does not pay over time and does not let you claim back time if delayed by 15 minutes .I haven on calls over last month delaying my finish time by two hours. If you are on a call over 15 minutes you can claim the time back but they take your two breaks away from you eg delayed by 30 minutes they take the time off for the breaks on you standard eight hours so can only claim ten minutes back? How is this legal but enforcing you to stay after time paid ??

Comment

I think you are going to have to discuss this with HR and refer to your contract of employment re the payment of overtime hours.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X