• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

My discrimination / breach case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My discrimination / breach case

Hi all,

EDIT: I should note that I am a minority

Firstly - thank you very much in advance for taking the time to read/assist both myself & many others here, very much appreciated.

I'm going to try to keep this as brief as possible but happy to provide further details should it be needed! After two initial months of not being provided access to almost ALL utilities required to perform in my role, utilities which were provided to multiple colleagues whom confirmed this in writing, a colleague raised concerns with my management surrounding the lack of care in training myself or integrating me into the role I would be taking on. I should note - upon hiring me the manager whom was due to train myself then vacated for a month after my first few days.

Towards the end of month 3, I had finally been provided utilities & had taken over the function I was hired for. I informed my manager (HR were aware from Month 1) of my depression - emphasising that I am medicated & it does not impact my performance, a performance which had been praised up to this point by multiple shareholders whom I had worked closely. I was advised to take some days (I had taken zero at this point) - however I stressed that this wasn't necessary & that if anything I would take a few days annual leave simply as vacation. Upon my return the following week - the aforementioned manager disciplined myself for the role I had at this point taken over for two and a half weeks (A role he personally handled/neglected for over a year - with responsibilities & data entry evidenced as not done going as far back as the year prior). These neglections were passed above as my fault - and I was entirely removed from my responsibility & removed/withheld from any shareholder interaction whatsoever (my first day back after informing management of my mental health conditions).

Over the following weeks - I was routinely left out of meetings & would be told by said manager the meeting had already taken place. Towards the end of month 4 at a private company event, this same manager took to mock an ethnic colleague performing their role out of India - confirming during this that the same mocking had taken place in the office. Two and a half weeks later, after receiving very positive feedback by shareholders - I was told by said manager that my contract would not be renewed - with the reasoning that I did not have enough experience performing the role that he himself removed me from after two and a half weeks having been informed of my conditions. This would then mean my end date would be in a few months time from this date. At this time I raised multiple concerns as I had voiced displeasure at the discriminatory & unfair conduct multiple times & received almost no support.

I was told that my concerns would be escalated & that I could discuss them with a more senior manager. After multiple attempts at dismissing a conversation - it was then discovered than rather than speaking with myself - that my concerns were instead raised with the manager responsible. The following day after raising this matter, I was brought into a meeting with the senior manager & told that a mistake had been made with my contract - and that the end date should have been input as months sooner - this would allow them to provide notice immediately & place me on garden leave (though not paying immediately or at the next payday, but rather by the week) with no investigation or attempts at support having taken place (this was a day after raising a discrimination matter formally). Of course - were this the case, I would not have signed any contract nor would I have accepted such a short-term role - the contracting company have accepted liability - however this has had an immense impact on my career, mental health, and livelihood, and if even true - is an incredibly poor breach of duty (I use this term loosely)/mis-sight.

Now on garden leave, they have allowed this same manager mentioned throughout & whom now formal complaint has been filed & discriminatory measures formally raised - to harass myself via email for return of IT equipment - having already been directly told as an individual to please stop contacting myself for obvious reasons - the company have apologized and insisted this was not instructed.

I am now seeking to take the matter further and appreciate any and all advice provided. Very sorry you have had to read an essay & for any way in which I come across. Simply seeking some assistance following quite a distressing period of my life.

Tags: None

Sorry to hear about the situation.

I do however need to ask some questions to make sure I understand your post correctly before being able to assist.

1. Where you employed on a fixed term or permanent contract?
    2. Can you confirm how long you have been employed at the company?
    3. If fixed term then how long was the contract for?
    4. If fixed term was there an early termination clause and if so is the period of your garden leave equivalent to the notice required to be given for early termination?
    5. Have you put raised a formal grievance in writing to HR/senior manager?
    6. If you have raised a grievance where is that process at?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X