• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Quoting GDPR and Data Protection Act in relation to Employment tribunals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoting GDPR and Data Protection Act in relation to Employment tribunals

Dear Community

I am trying to quote the Data Protection Act where my employers have broken several of the Data Protection principles, however I am struggling to work out which section we cite.

They have broken all 6 of the principles at one point or another in regards to my personal data, but I cannot work out how to correctly cite the Data Protection Act 2018 in relation to this in my particulars of claim where the respondent have asked for specific section of the Data Protection Act I am claiming they breached.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Snyper86

Tags: None

Hello

Can you describe to us the ways in which you believe the employer has broken the DPA principles? I would need to check but I don't think that Employment Tribunals have jurisdiction to hear data protection claims so you would have to submit a separate claim in relation to the DPA issues.

ULA any guidance on this point?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

One way would be to take the breaches one by one. In each case, you state what happened, and then say "in breach of section __ of the Data Protection Act 2018".
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

In this new thread in relation to your employmnent tribunal claim we have already supported you on linked to below?
        Employment Tribunal advice - LegalBeagles Forum
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
          One way would be to take the breaches one by one. In each case, you state what happened, and then say "in breach of section __ of the Data Protection Act 2018".
          Hi, apologies for the delay in replying, I thought I already had. This new thread was to do with my sister's ET case.

Comment

Originally posted by Snyper86 View Post
            Dear Community

I am trying to quote the Data Protection Act where my employers have broken several of the Data Protection principles, however I am struggling to work out which section we cite.

They have broken all 6 of the principles at one point or another in regards to my personal data, but I cannot work out how to correctly cite the Data Protection Act 2018 in relation to this in my particulars of claim where the respondent have asked for specific section of the Data Protection Act I am claiming they breached.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Snyper86

In the interest of helping someone else with their claims, I have found this link from the ICO very helpful https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...he-dpa-2018/#2

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X