• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employment Claim Advice/Losses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Claim Advice/Losses

Hi, I need a little help please.

I have lodged an employment tribunal claim against my previous employer for disability discrimination and unfair dismissal.

I am now waiting for there ET3 response, but I was looking at the next steps I would have to take that would be schedule of losses somewhere down the line.

I suffer with anxeity and depression for many years and have been on medication with my GP.

I have been claiming Universal Credit since dismissal, but due to my disability and the stress of everything (dismissal and treatment) I'm finding it hard to look for work as I'm really down and upset and finding it hard to face the world.

I have missed my last meeting with my employment advisor at the Job Center but have been using shaw trust to get back into work along with asking for re-skilling training etc.

I have not seen my GP about this and since I am not employed I have not requested a fit note. I wanted to know what I could do to support me when asked about mitigating my losses, struggling with looking for work, how it's effected my health etc,

What is it I am able to provide as evidence to support me if asked about my difficulties to look for work and also how employers actions has been detriment to my health. I did work for a week or so with an agency but the memories I had with the old employer etc I felt really depressed and hurt being there and had difficulty getting any adjustments it place because of my disability.

Do I need to let job center know of the difficulties also?

Kind Regards
    Tags: None

Mitigating your losses is demonstrating that you have been doing everything you can to find work, even the week you did for an agency should be accounted for, together with keeping a diary of dates when you applied for jobs, what they were for and at what salary level, whether you were interviewed or not. Also meeting with the Job Centre adviser and what you are doing with Shaw Trust are important to keep noted.

That given since you are suffering so much with your mental health and this is causing you issues with looking for work then you would be advised that to see your GP about this since you may need to provide a medical report as evidence to support that your mental health struggles have caused issues in you ben able to look for work.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X