• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Tribunal not replying...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribunal not replying...

Hi,

Since March of this year I have been going through a tribunal claim with my ex-employer for unfair dismissal and breach of contract.

In March the judge set a direction for case management allowing both parties to request further information in relation to the claim and response. I made a request to my ex-employer for a range of information in relation to my case. It took nearly four months of me badgering (with the ET being cc'd in) for them to provide answers, however they refused to answer or provide information into key questions surrounding the arrival of two of the MD's ex-colleagues who were external to the business and who I believe were offered alternative roles before I was subseqently made redundant.

Their solicitors responded with "If you wish to challenge this position, an Order from the Tribunal will be sought to prevent us from furnishing these particulars on the basis that they relate to your case and not that of the Respondent". This statement in my mind is an admission of guilt.

Anyway, I subseqently requested that the ET make an order for them to provide the details (which interestingly they didn't carry out their threat of countering it with their own order as they said they would above?) but it has now been five weeks since I made the request and there has been no reply from the Tribunal?

Obviously the clock is ticking with my ET date being in November and I would like to know what the protocol is for chasing the ET? If you ring them an automated message tells you that due to their caseloads that the phone line is for emergencies in relations to trial for that day and to email them with all other enquiries but the problem is that the ET just don't reply to emails!

I know they are understaffed and overworked but their tardiness in replying is affecting my case. I also know that this isn't in relation to me personally, as both the respondent has made several requests over the last 4 monthes and several of my ex-colleagues have also had the same issue where the ET just doesn't reply!?

So my question is, what is the protocol that I should follow in relation to pushing the ET for a response to my request and/or asking for an extension or postponement of the ET trial date because of it?

Look forward to some advice.

Thanks

Tags: None

ULA Can you please take a look.

Comment

The Tribunal system is so back-logged at the moment. The only thing I can suggest if you cannot contact your Tribunal on the phone is to email them. Mark it urgent asking for any update on your request made on xxx date and reference the date you sent it.

Make sure your case matter number is in the subject line of the email.
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I'm not sure if ET's has a reception that handles queries (especially in these times), but I suppose you could visit, but check their website first.

Comment

My understanding is that the Tribunals are still operating on limited staffing. People visiting are limited to those attending face -to-face hearings.

I would definitely not make a long journey on the off chance someone is there to assist. But it is nearby may be worth a try.
          If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Many thanks for the feedback on this.

I've followed ULA's recommendation and have sent an "urgent" email to the ET asking for an update.

Going through an employment tribunal is stressful enough without having complications like this along the way... but then again over the last couple of years the world seems more difficult on the whole!

Comment

A Tribunal process as a litigant in person is very stressful and unfortunately Covid has had a massive effect on what was a system already back logged.

​​​​​​​if you have any more questions as you go through this process then just come back to this thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X