• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Holiday pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday pay

Hi Everyone, im hoping someone can help. My Partner has been diagnosed with a serious Illness and he has always been a working man and has worked for the same company for many years, After diagnosis he was stopped from working and put on furlough then after approx 6mths ,he was taken off furlough and is now being paid by insurance, what we wanted to know is will he be paid still for all the holiday he has left. Thanks everyone, oh and I don't know if this is of any revelance but he's lost 60% of his pay.Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi, sorry just have a few questions:

1. You say that your partner is being paid by insurance can you explain this in more detail please?
    2. Is he still employed by the company?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

The Insurance company is called Unum,we don't really understand it. He is still employed. He was called in and they told him instead of using sick pay we will furlough you and make up the extra 20%.then after the 6 month they put me on the insurance and I'm only being paid 60% wages.i really hope that you can help me and thanks for answering. Jacq

Comment

It sounds like the company your partner is working for has some sort of critical illness cover in place which may start from when an individual exhausts any SSP or company sick pay entitlement. Typically, this will pay a proportion of their salary for a period of time if they are unable to work.

If this has not been explained to your partner then I suggest that he contacts the HR department to find out more about the scheme he has been placed on and what, if any, conditions there are e.g how long is this paid for, what is the % of salary that is paid via this benefit etc.

In regard to your original question your partner will have built up holiday as normal whilst he has been off sick. If he has not been able to use the holiday because of being on long-term sick leave, the company can carry over up to the statutory 4 weeks’ unused holiday, unless they allow more to be carried over. This holiday must be used within 18 months from the date it is carried over.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

ULA,HI,Thanks for your help, They told him that to save his sick pay they said they were putting him on furlough and they would make up the other 20%.then 2 months ago they put him onto this Insurance of 60% of his wages, can he claim his holiday pay? All in all he actually wasn't paid any sick pay. Thanks so much. Jacq

Comment

Your parnter can apply to take acccrued annual leave for which he would be paid, but he cannot receive sick pay and holiday pay at the same time. However I am not sure how this will work with the insurance payments he is getting really suggest he needs to speak to his company about this.

Comment

Hi 'my partner has been to see hr and they've told him that the insurance he is on covers him for 5 year's at 60% and until that's finished he can't have any Holiday Pay is this right?he is owed a full year's holiday pay. Thanks so much

Comment

I think your partner needs to ask HR for the full terms and conditions of the insurance policy as it would be good to see what that states in regard to holiday.

In regard to the holiday at post #4 I set out the arrangements for holiday pay whilst off sick "your partner will have built up holiday as normal whilst he has been off sick. If he has not been able to use the holiday because of being on long-term sick leave, the company can carry over up to the statutory 4 weeks, unused holiday, unless they allow more to be carried over. This holiday must be used within 18 months from the date it is carried over." What you need to find out from any holiday or long term sickness absence holiday is what happens if the carried over holiday cannot be taken within the 18 months, will they pay it to him at this time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X