• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Information accusation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information accusation

Can I ask for some help please?

I have worked for a company for a
    couple of weeks, they provided a desktop computer, I use my own iPad to write up coaching notes and email then
    to the desktop machine. I have also emailed call recordings to my personal email to be able to use a Bluetooth speaker in the workplace for feedback to the people I have been coaching.
    I have been offered another position back at the company I used to work for before this one and my current boss is threatening to come after me legally claiming I’ve stolen information from him if I leave however if I stay with him then nothing will happen. I have offered to show them
    the emails and they can see they haven’t been forwarded o any other email address and I will delete them
    in front of him, however that’s not good enough.
    where do I stand?

thanks in advance

Tags: None

Couple of questions:

1. What is deemed as confidential information in your contract of employment or any associated policy?
    2. What policies are in place at the company about use of personal devices and emailing information to personal accounts?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I will have to check, I’m assuming usually you wouldn’t be allowed to email things to yourself however, it was down with full knowledge of the md until he asked me not to do it and I stopped. It was solely because the equipment to be able to playback calls using a Bluetooth speaker wasn’t available. The weirdest thing is that this afternoon while I’m on annual leave and had these conversations which were threatening to say the least with the md, the coaching calls have been emailed to my personal email again from the work email account.

Comment

Please do check and let us know back on this thread as this needs to be the starting point.

The emails to your personal email today should have the sender details or is it just a generic Hello@xxx company.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

The emails sent to my personal
          email are the same coaching calls I sent to myself previously, 6 of them from my work email account.

Comment

So has someone accessed your work PC? Who else has access to your login details?

Comment

I would summise the md has asked someone to go on the laptop

Comment

I would suggest that you send an email to the MD and copy HR and or IT if there is this function/s in the company and explaining that whilst on annual leave there have been 6 emails send to your personal account from your work PC. Since you are on annual leave these emails were not sent by you and must have been sent by another person in the company accessing your PC.

Comment

I’ve done that, no HR, no IT. Sent it directly to the MD.

Comment

I would be recording the conversations that you are having with the MD, it sounds like 'blackmail', 'if you do that, then we will do this', I've put the 'Contract of Employment' and Company Policy aside. How many employees are employed by the company?

Comment

Need to be careful about recording conversations unless the person is aware you are recording them.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                        I would be recording the conversations that you are having with the MD, it sounds like 'blackmail', 'if you do that, then we will do this', I've put the 'Contract of Employment' and Company Policy aside. How many employees are employed by the company?
                        I agree, there might be something in your contract of employment against doing that, I've done it, then transcribed it and sent it to HR.

https://www.taxation-jobs.co.uk/blog...-the-workplace

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X