• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

advice needed on suspension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed on suspension

This is my first time posting in this forum so please excuse any mistakes

I’m a support worker who’s been employed for around 11 months.

The manager came by while I was two hours into my shift to inform me that I have been suspended immediately, I asked her why and she said it was due ‘lack of paperwork’ and are claiming it’s gross misconduct, I asked her to hand me my suspension letter, she informed me that I’ll receive it today by email, I sent a text message to the director to chase it up, he also stated I’ll receive it by the end of the day, I explained to him that that is ridiculous and that I needed one by the end of the business day so I can get more information.

a little background on this company, we have noticed a lot of favouritism within the company, when some of us ask for something it takes a while for things to get done, me and several other staff members have put in many complaints about one staff member as they do absolutely nothing on shift everyday and because of that we have to do the extra work, there was an allegation of abuse against this staff member and again no warnings or suspensions against them, we have mentioned the hazards within the home as it’s becoming a safety issue for not only us but for the service users within the home who pay rent for a house that’s in shambles. Also the director is completely unprofessional, we’ve been threatened over losing our jobs several times because one person made a mistake, there was also an incident where he shared a sexual image of himself within the work group chat and deleted a few minutes later, clearly not for us but again completely unprofessional on his side.

About staff member who holds the same rank as us was told before hand about our suspension and I believe that confidentiality was broken as there is no reason another staff member should know that before us. It’s been over 12 hours and I still don’t have any letter to say I’m suspended or when my disciplinary meeting will happen. I’m not sure on what to do or where I can put a complaint in as it’s a very small company or who to contact.
    Tags: None

Can you update as to whether you have now received the letter confirming your suspension?

A suspension is put in place to carry out an investigation as to whether any disciplinary action will follow. Therefore it would only been once there is a conclusion of the investigation, during which you may be invited to attend a meeting, that you will know if they will take any further action.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X