• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Discrimination, unfair dismissal, no dismissal at all.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discrimination, unfair dismissal, no dismissal at all.

I have been accused for having two jobs. My ATO has been revoked immediately and no notice period given, no disciplinary process taken. I had a contract which states I have to inform my employer of my second job only if there is conflict of interest. I had made a grievance. They reply I have no right to do it as an ex-employee. I also have been discriminated by calling me slave - that proven on paper. My manager said to me be not too worry about it. They admitted it. Now this case is in ACAS and they offering me some money but I feel they trying to buy me very cheap. I don't know what I should do? What kind of compensation I should get? I'm not rich enough to pay for solicitor.
    Tags: None

How long were you employed at the company?
    What is you claim for?
    What have you put in as your Schedule of Loss how does this compare with what you are being offered?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Claim is under discrimination, unfair dismissal and breach of contract. They left me with out income. Main loss is employment, I had a full contract. My secondary job was just to top up. I was with them unfortunately just a couple weeks less the 2 years. I did know that under 2 years they can do whatever they like. I cant take it to tribunal under unfair dismissal but there was not even disciplinary process. I don't know how to calculated a injury to feelings and lost of my employment. They didn't pay also a bonus for last year. Even if they had a grounds to fired me, never any disciplinary procedure was followed.

Comment

How much contractual notice did your employer have to give you and if that had been given would this have taken you over the two years service? If there is no contractual notice then you should have been given one weeks notice.

With less than 2 years service your employer can unfortunately just dismiss you without the need to follow a process, however notice should have been given or paid in lieu, plus any acrrued but not taken holiday.

To be able to make a claim with less than 2 years service, then you will need to prove discrimination and that this was the reason for your dismissal. Unless you can prove this then it may not be easy for you to pursue a claim so a settlement would be a good thing to try and achieve.

When was the incident that you are claiming was discrimination - what was the date this occured?

Given you less than two years service then it would potentially not be a high settlement. As a minimum you need your notice pay and any acrrued but not taken holiday if this has not already been paid to you. Then there may be a small compensatory sum.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Problem occurred middle of January, 2 years of employment pass on March. There wasn't any notice given or anything at all. Nothing paid, bonus taken away. They just paid for full month. Discrimination act happened by end of the year and they already admitted to it. I have been fired not because of discrimination, they accused me for having two jobs. Seems I was wheel out. Thank you anyway for your advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X