• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Sick note return date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick note return date

Hello everyone,

Quick question....my sick note is from 08/2/2021 to 22/2/2021...would this mean I return on the 22/02/2021? Or the day after?

thanks
    Tags: None

From - To indicates that you return on the 22nd.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

just came across this from from the fit for work site that seems to indicating the day after

“Q: If the fit note states 14/10/20 to 28/10/20, should the employee return to work on 28/10/20 or 29/10/20?

A: The employee should return on 29/10/20 (the first working day after the inclusive period covered by the statement), but note your employee can go back to work at any time (including before the end of the fit note) without going back to see their doctor - even if their doctor has indicated that they need to assess them again. This will not breach your Employers Liability Compulsory Insurance, providing a suitable risk assessment has taken place if required.”

is there more experts in this field that could help me clarify on this ?

My contract is 40hrs over 5 days and my sick note is from 8/2/21 to 22/2/21.

my employer has emailed the rota yesterday for next weeks rota( as in week beginning from tomorrow) he has put me as 2 days off from tomorrow and Tuesday and rest of the week in.....I would have thought as my sick note is up to 22/2 I would have been put as sick for 22/2/21 and would have been given 2 non paid days off week with only having to do 4 days??

So In affect ,1 paid sick day, 2 non paid days off, 4 paid days??

Monday 22 feb being classed/put as sick and then putting me for 2 non paid days off that week which leaves me to work the 4 remaining days.

much appreciate for taking time out to read/replying to my post

thanks

Comment

My view having dealt with numerous sick notes over the years is that your employer should expect you to return to work on 23 Feb
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I would have thought the same thing to return on the 23rd, but he has scheduled today and 23rd as non paid days off and the rest of the 5 days in.

can he do this?

should today still be put on rota as sick day rather then a non paid day off work? and still give me 2 normal days off this week & work the rest of the week?

Below is the rota for this week I have been sent...bearing in mind my note is up to the 22nd feb.

mon- day off
          tues- day off
          wed- in
          thur-in
          fri-in
          sat-in
          sun in

Comment

Mon should certainly be showing as sickness absence.
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
            If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X