• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Emplyment Tribunal deadlines not met by employer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emplyment Tribunal deadlines not met by employer

After a rather complicated process at a previous employer, I was made redundant. As part of the process of finding new employment by the organisation, they offered me a position with exactly the same title as the one that I was made redundant from despite stating the role would not longer exist and failed to match me to the role during the redundancy process.
    There is a lot more behind the situation which I won't bore you with unless requested as it's a rather lengthy topic.

I ended up, after speaking to ACAS, with a tribunal case. The court issued a RULE 10 -EMPLOYMENT TRIBUNALS RULES OF PROCEDURE2013 with specific deadlines for compiling the bundle and exchanging witness statements. The last two of which were in Nov and Dec 2020.

After not being able to get hold of the legal representative for the employer (since Oct 2020) I sent my witness statement to them and to the court on the deadline dates. The representative got in touch on 19 Jan 2021, more than a month after the last deadline and two months after the previous missed deadline, stating that they were off on long term sickness. New dates for the exchange of documents and compiling the bundle were suggested by them. This email was sent to me directly and not to the court too.

Do I have to accept these dates or do I have a legal leg to stand on given the fact that they missed the deadlines? I haven't responded to the email yet as I fear it might spoil any advantage I might currently have.
    Tags: None

Firstly, I would just say that if the solicitor was in fact off on long-term sick then the law firm they work for should have had processes in place to deal with the person’s work-load in their absence, particularly court matters that are often governed by time sensitive deadlines.

A suggestion would be that you respond back saying that the correspondence requesting an extension on the deadlines for compiling the bundle and exchanging witness statements should be addressed to the Tribunal and not to you given that you have complied with the requirements of the order.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X