• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Final payslip - have they mixed up the figures?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final payslip - have they mixed up the figures?

Hello people.

I am usually paid on the 15th of the month.
    So if I leave my job on the 20th of the month, and I am given 4 weeks pay in lieu of notice....
    I would have thought I would get paid from 15th to 20th of the month, plus 4 weeks usual pay. Making it approx 5 weeks of pay.

However, my payslip shows 4 weeks pay, with approx 1 week deducted. It looks like they got it the wrong way around to me.
    Should I contact them about it?
    (It wouldn't be the first time payroll made a mistake).

Or am I making some kind of silly error?

When would I expect a p45 usually? It's nearly a month since I left.
    Tags: None

Yes, it looks as though they have got it wrong. Did you get your accrued holiday pay as well? Have you taken more holiday than you were entitled to, hence the deduction?

I would start to chase for the P45 but not before the payslip is sorted out.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      No I have not been paid for any accrued holiday. And I have only taken about 3 days leave since last September (2019).
      I have been "working from home" for a few months though, without a lot of expectation on what I had to actually do from home. I thought it would be unfair of me to ask for holiday pay. Would I been seen as taking the micky?

In terms of them getting it wrong, would there be any likely scenario where I might have got it wrong? The only other way I can think of it being worked out, is if they were paying me a month in advance instead of in arrears. Or if the dates they pay up to don't match the date I actually get paid. Eg. If they run a payments from 10th to 10th but don't pay till 15th?

Comment

Don't be timid, you are entitled to holiday pay. Get them to explain the difference (and ask for untaken holiday pay)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X