• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

TUPE Transfer Date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUPE Transfer Date

Hi, I am currently in TUPE transfer from one company to another and they have now changed the transfer date twice originally from 15 September to the 18 September and now even longer to the 15 October, can they keep changing the transfer date and if so how many times as I feel they are trying to get out of paying redundancy, holiday pay owed and PILON, any help would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

I know they have to give at least 45 days notice so if they move the date back I guess that applies as the notice period has actually been extended. It may be that they are still in a consultation period with the new company.
    I don't see how it is an attempt to get out of redundancy pay, etc, though as years of service, holiday entitlement, etc, carry over to the new employer. The TUPE transfer itself has effectively got them out of paying redundancy as you're not being made redundant, you're being transferred. Redundancy will only apply if your new company get rid of your position.

Comment

Hi, sorry I wasn’t clear enough, all of us are being transferred and if we cannot relocate to Sheffield and then been made redundant, however for those who had jobs lined up with other companies now have a choice to either loose redundancy pay and take a new job or not. And I just wondered how many times can they change the transfer date?

thanks

Comment

My understanding from your posts is that as part of the TUPE transfer the location of the new company is Sheffield and that if you cannot relocate to that area (not sure where you are now in terms of travel) then positions will be made redundant. Is the redundancy taking effect from the date of the transfer and has the new company undertaken redundancy consultation with you?

Do you now why there have been delays in the date of the transfer taking place?

Have you by any chance been given letters which confirm your termination date?

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi, yes that is correct, they are moving operations from Cheshire to Sheffield and those who are unable to relocate are going to be made redundant, we have had no letter last letters confirming our termination date as yet and they had started the consultation in July and have since changed it twice so I wondered if they could keep changing it as it seems they are waiting for people to find other jobs so they don’t have to pay out monies owed if that makes sense.

Thanks

Comment

All makes sense thank you.

I have checked the TUPE Regulations under the following sections it says

Section 13 (2)"Long enough before a relevant transfer to enable the employer of any affected employees to consult the appropriate representatives of any affected employees, the employer shall inform those representatives of—

(a)the fact that the transfer is to take place, the date or proposed date of the transfer and the reasons for it;

There is nothing I can find about the consequences of delaying the TUPE date.

Since the original issue was TUPE were there any staff representative elected or does the company recognise a union? Could they put pressure on the company do commit to a date?

Do you now how many redundancies are being made and whether they have had to go through collective consultation or just individual? Just trying to think of another angle to approach this.
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
            If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X