• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Suspension pending investigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to be honest and I have answers and questions.

Will they dismiss me based on a report? And should I inform them Im willing to get a solicitor involved?

Comment

They will have to put the information from your meeting together with anything else they have gathered from their investigation and make a decision as to what, if any, course of action they are going to take.

A solicitor would be unlikely to get involved at this stage as it is still an internal matter.
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I will be honest and have questions and answers.

Can they dismiss me based on this report?

Will I tell them I am willing to get a solicitor and take this matter further?

Comment

But I want to make it clear that if they dismiss me I will not just walk away I will take them to court

Comment

If they felt that the outcome, which should be based on everything that they have gathered from the investigation, warrants disciplinary action being taken then they would have to invite you to a disciplinary meeting.

In the very worst case scenario your employer could consider this to be fraud which is potentially gross misconduct in which case the employer must be able to show that the misconduct was the reason for the dismissal and that in the circumstances it was reasonable to dismiss.

It is your choice to tell your employer that if they decide to dismiss, you will consider taking the matter further. If they believe that they have strong evidence to support their decision it may not make any difference to the outcome, however from your perspective they will know that you are prepared to fight.
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

I have now had my investigation and am now in a very bad place I have history of mental health my employer knows this, my boss has shown no duty of care in regards to my health and I've had to increase my medication to the highest dose, this was brought up in the investigation yet still nobody has contacted me

Comment

Are you now waiting to hear the outcome of the investigation? Have they given you any timescale in which to get back to you?

Comment

The person doing the investigation told me I should be contacted by my manager and agreed that they should have contacted me in regards to my health. I'm now waiting for my sick note from my doctor, my boss has not carried out his duty of care for me due to my mental health, would I be able to put a grievance in for this?

Comment

If you feel that your line manager has failed to consider your mental health in the way that he has handled the situation then you have the option to raise a grievance.

This should be raised as soon as possible by way of writing to the HR department giving full details with instances/dates etc and you should make it clear that this is a formal grievance.

Comment

Hi I've been told it's going to disaplinary hearing, how am I meant to prove this was not me? They have a list of things that have my ID and are using this as evidence.

Comment

All I can advise, as I have no knowledge of the app system you use, is that you need to go through the list of everything they have provided and try to find a defence or a reason to question the evidence they have given.

Sorry if this is not of a great help but if you have anything you want to get a view on regarding how you are responding to what they have provided then please just ask.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X