• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Offered TUPE instead of redundancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have raised an informal grievance that has not been dealt with and you feel that it has relevance to the redundancy process then you do have the option to raise this again.

As stated in several of my posts I think your situation will depend on whether or not the majority of the work that you did prior to the TUPE transfer was directly related to the activities that were outsourced in which case you should have been transferred across.

However under changes to TUPE law you could be made redundant before the handover, i.e. the new organisation can decide it doesn’t need all of the staff from the existing organisation and redundancy consultation will then take place with the existing organisation. For this not to be unfair there needs to be “an economic, technical or organisation reason entailing changes in the workforce”. I am wondering if your redundancy on this basis has been delayed due to COVID.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Yes it has been delayed due to COVID, does this help on any way at all for my case?

i think I could argue the fact that my duties could be carried across, it’s a matter of opinion though.

With the grievance, mentioning this now will it bring up the possibility of a settlement agreement being enhanced from the notational one documented?

thanks

Comment

Also, the majority of my duties went when my team of 4 in 3 different locations were TUPE'd over. So, I would say 75% of my job went across without me.

Comment

It may help - if your company wanted to make your position redundant on the basis you were not transferring, potentially they should have done so before the handover to the new company and it should be for an economic, technical or organisation reason. These are just my thoughts and TUPE is not straight forward.

There may be a possibility of trying to see if you can get a SA if you take my above comment and the grievance issue combined. If you came to an SA agreement you would give up your rights to make an employment tribunal claim which means they would have an assurance the matter could not be taken further.
          If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto154 View Post
            Also, the majority of my duties went when my team of 4 in 3 different locations were TUPE'd over. So, I would say 75% of my job went across without me.
            I requested a SA but it was turned down on the basis of them saying that they had conducted everything correctly so no SA would be discussed.
            My final consultation meeting is looming and at what point do I mention I will take this further on the basis of unfair dismissal, TUPE issue, Grievance unresolved and ignored since March?
            Should I re-raise grievance before the final consultation or wait for a solicitor to take this on?
            thanks

Comment

So potentially you have the following options:

1. At you final consultation meeting explain your reasons so that it is on record, as to why you believe that your dismissal by way of redundancy is unfair. Is the grievance issue directly relevant to the redundancy situation?
              2. Although not a legal requirement most employers follow good practice and allow someone to appeal the decision after the final consultation process and your argument would be an unfair dismissal.
              3. If any appeal was not upheld then you would have to consider making an employment tribunal claim which would be by way initially of ACAS and their Early Conciliation process details of which are in the link below:

https://www.acas.org.uk/early-concil...iliation-works

Comment

Grievance not associated with this redundancy protest, I raised the informal grievance just before we went into lockdown.

Comment

Thank you for clarification on this I was just wondering if it would have any bearing on reasons for why dismissal by way of redundancy is unfair.

Comment

When does notice period start from, from the day you're told that your job has been put 'at risk' or when your last day is confirmed? Seems some confusion on this.

Comment

Notice of redundancy can only be given once the employer has finished consulting with you. You should the be given in writing the following information:
                      • your notice period
                      • leaving date
                      • how much redundancy pay you are due
                      • how your employer calculated the redundancy pay
                      • any other pay owed to you e.g. accrued but untaken holiday pay
                      • when and how you will be paid
                      • how you can appeal - although this is not a legal requirement, good practice advises company's to include an appeals process

Comment

thank you.
                        So, final meeting today and I'm on 3 months notice period but finishing up in 2 weeks (Employer request), does this mean I'll get 10 weeks PILON?
                        regards

Comment

If your contractual notice is 3 months and they have only asked you to work 2 weeks of the notice the rest of your notice should be paid as pay in lieu of notice

Comment

What does this mean in respect of a grievance being put forward?

‘you may have a whistleblowing claim (however, it would need to meet the threshold of being a protected disclosure which was made in the public interest, amongst other criteria.)

Comment

You are a whistleblower if you’re a worker and you report certain types of wrong doings by the company. This will usually be something you’ve seen at work - though not always. The wrongdoing you disclose must be in the public interest, which means it must affect others e.g. the general public.

As a whistleblower you’re protected by law - you should not be treated unfairly if you lose your job because you ‘blow the whistle’. A whistleblowing claim relates to:
                              • a criminal offence, for example fraud
                              • someone’s health and safety is in danger
                              • risk or actual damage to the environment
                              • a miscarriage of justice
                              • the company is breaking the law, for example does not have the right insurance
                              • you believe someone is covering up wrongdoing

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X