• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Manager 'forgot' to pass on vital info....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager 'forgot' to pass on vital info....

Hello all - issues at work and I'd welcome any advice....

In short, I requested my paypoint was reviewed as I was commenced on bottom of the payscale but had previous experience/skills/knowledge which should have seen me appointed a couple of rungs up. I had a phonecall from one of the managers to state that this had been reviewed and yes, I was to be put up a couple of paypoints. This would not see an actual pay increase but would put me on a higher paypoint so I could move quicker up the rungs (I work in NHS). My line manager completed the change form and I didn't hear anything else - all fine or so I thought.
    During the past few months since getting the increment, I took on trainees as I was informed I was the only person able to undertake this due to my experience and skills within this area. As they had acknowledged this by giving me an increment, I agreed. The area I worked was very stressful and the workload was unmanageable. I had the offer of an other role elsewhere in the NHS and was successful in my application - I felt that it would be worthwhile as I would be moving onto another payscale based on the increment I was given. I am meant to start my new job in four weeks.

Imagine my surprise when I contacted payroll to query something else when they told me I never got the increment. On contacting the management group, they couldn't answer me. I then received an email stating a manager should have contacted me back in November to tell me I wasn't getting it but forgot - four months later. My line manager was also not informed and assumed I had been given it as the change form was completed as she was requested to complete and submitted. I am now in a position that I have been taking on increased workload on the basis of this uplift and have accepted a new job on the basis I would be financially a bit better off, but I won't be.

I feel like I have been totally used and can't believe that after telling me I had the uplift they then 'forgot' to tell me I actually haven't. Had I not checked with payroll, I would be none the wiser. I'm now going to be working away from home for the same pay as my current job, so it's financially going to be detrimental to me.

Have I any comeback here? I am at a loss as to how they can do this.

Thank you all so much and take care all xx
    Tags: None

Have you been given any reason why you are not getting the uplift? if not then I think you should find out the exact reason in the first instance.

Once you know that then it become clearer as to what form of action you can then take.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thank you for your response. Apparently, although the management group tried to pass this, the chair (non clinical) refused on the basis of it was against HR policy.The chair is also the appointing officer and it is at their discretion as to where a candidate is appointed. After the initial meeting, as the group were in a majority in favour of me getting the uplift, I was informed I would get it and was working under the agreement that this was given in good faith - I wasn't informed otherwise until I found out through other means. When I queried why I wasn't informed, I was told 'they forgot'...

Comment

Thank you for the information. The next step would be for you to raise a grievance, which if you decide to do so, you should do on a formal basis in writing as you have tried to deal with it on a more informal basis by already raising this with the management group.
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thanks. Greivance submitted - I also spoke to my union who are going to support me here. I'll let you know the outcome. Great site - thanks again.

Comment

Good luck and please do come back and tell us how you get on

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X