• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Receptionist working remotely

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receptionist working remotely

Hell,*
    can Receptionist apply to be working from home?
    Tags: None

Hi is your question related to the current situation or just generally?

As a receptionist are you responsible for greeting visitors/customers/clients that come into the building?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi Ula,

i am receptionost working in a law firm that have been furloughed for 3 weeks due to covid 19. However, my 3 weeks' time will end on Friday and I think I will be ask to move to another department of the business that is still open regardless the pandemics. I used to work in that department for 1 year, then I have been told I will be moving to reception as they needed my help but didn't really give me any choice to say no to that "offer". I was given an extra £1,500 a year therefore I agreed but I want happy about it as I liked working in that department. After 8 months my employer asked me if I would consider going back to that department and I stated that I'm happy at reception and do not consider moving as I need some form of stability (there are different shift patterns). Obviously I wasn't happy about that idea as they keep moving me back and forth and my position isn't multi service assistant but receptionist. Due to Coronavirus I have been asked to assist with that other department but I have done it for 2 days under protest as no one else from reception had been asked to do the same, even though it wasn't busy as we didn't have any clients coming in. After those 2 days the whole reception team refused to go to work and in the end we gave all been furloughed (for a period of 3 weeks). Now I thi mi will be asked again to Work in that department as there is no work at reception. I was wondering if that is legal at all as I cannot imagine people from other departments being asked to help out.

Please can you advise ?

Refards

Comment

Hello, thank you for reaching out to our service. I understand this is difficult for you and will try my best to assist you. It may be possible that your employer can ask you to help out in other departments. This could depend on your contract. Within your contract are there any clauses that may refer to flexibility in job duties or a clause that refers to weight load or a variation clause.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X