• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

PCO licence application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCO licence application

Hi,

I want to apply for a PCO license.

I had a DR20 (driving offence code for driving, or attempting to drive, while unfit through drink) and DR30 (driving, or attempting to drive, then failing to supply a specimen for analysis when stopped by the police) in beginning of October 2016.

I completed a course, community order, paid a fine and also was on an ankle tag that monitored my drinking where I was not allowed to drink at all for 6 weeks and passed successfully (didn't and font have a drinking problem).

Since October 2016 and beyond and having got my licence back after the 18 month ban, I have had no other convictions.

Is it worth to apply for a PCO license and invest in this or no point as it will likely be refused and I will lose out on my application fees such as the medical record, topographical test etc.?

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.
    Tags: None

You do need to have held your licence for 3 years* (not sure from your post if you have had your licence returned for this long).

Regarding your DR20 & DR30 the licencing authority policy states:
    A person with a conviction for a serious offence need not be automatically barred from obtaining or retaining a licence, but would normally be expected to:
    a. Remain free of conviction for an appropriate period; and
    b. Show adequate evidence that her or she is a fit and proper person to hold a licence (the onus is on the applicant to produce such evidence). Simply remaining free of conviction may not generally be regarded as adequate evidence that a person is a fit and proper person to hold a licence.

They also state:
    Applicants can discuss further what effect a caution/conviction may have on any application by contacting the Council on 01509 634562 and asking to speak to the licensing section in confidence for advice.

Give them a ring to find out .

Comment

Hi Des8,

Thanks for the reply and information.

It says on my license 4.2018 - 7.2025, does this mean that my license is valid from that date or that's just when the physical eplacement license was given by the DVLA? Not taking into account my convictions and ban, I have had my license for around 13 years, is this not taken into account?

I will call that number later, thank you again.

Comment

You need to have held a licence for the past three years.
        If you regained your licence in April 2018, I think that will mean you have only held a licence for less than 2 years, but ring them up and check.
        Good luck

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X