• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Performance improvement plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance improvement plan

Hello,

My employer is a large public company. They are extremely worried about their Q4 financial performance and are scrutinising employees who bill their time very closely.

They have told a number of us who under-billed our time between Q1 and Q3 that we need to move to a different business unit by the end of the quarter (about 5 weeks from now), else we will be put on a performance improvement plan. If we don't pass the plan, it will result in us being sacked. Apparently the timeline of the plan could be as little as 30 days. The basis of the performance improvement plan will be whether we are (a) billing enough hours to clients and (b) have a confirmed project to be deployed onto for the next couple of months. I have been told by my manager by phone that once you get put on a performance improvement plan it is very difficult to pass, because people do not want to take you onto projects i.e. you can't bill your time.

I am especially upset about this because (a) I am currently comfortably billing my time at a good rate, but they are counting from end of Q3 i.e. all the work I've done since the start of October is being ignored; and (b) because I feel like the amount of time I bill is largely out of my control - my manager admitted on the phone that the original plan was that there would be a solid pipeline of work to give me, but that has turned out not to be the case; and (c) the timelines both to find a new role and for the PIP seem unreasonable. Taking into account my employer's current financial difficulty, I think that this might be a covert way for my employer to make people redundant without having to pay out for redundancy.

Can you help me?

Thanks
    Tags: None

How long have you been with your employer?

Whether it becomes a redundancy situation or a performance based dismissal if you have more than 2 years service then they will need to follow a fair process.

What is the likelihood of you being moved to a different department given that it seems if you are, then the performance improvement plan will not be enforced?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X